The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Actually, another inference that can be made is that Schroeder, not being Canadian, might very well be eligible to play for the Moose before the age of 20.

I don't know if the restriction is for players *playing* in the CHL or have their rights owned by a CHL team.

I think we'll see Schroeder on the Moose before he is 20.

His rights are owned by a CHL team, therefore he is not eligible.......it's the Gophers, The Nucks, or the Tips

His rights are owned by a CHL team, therefore he is not eligible.......it's the Gophers, The Nucks, or the Tips

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

College players and European players (provided they are drafted out of Europe--even if they later play in the CHL) are not covered by this agreement. They only have to abide by the AHL's age requirement, which is that a player has to turn 18 by September 15 of any given season to be eligible to play. While you won't see many 18-year olds in the AHL, some European players have played at that age (e.g. Niklas Bergfors)

Doesn't the fact that Gillis even suggested that Schroeder leave college to joing the Silvertips infer that he thinks that Minnesota isn't the best place for Jordan to develop? If he was happy with the system he was in, he wouldn't have even given him that choice. He didn't have to openly ask Schroeder to quit college in order for it to be fairly obvious that it was his preference for him to play in the WHL.

Edit: can you guys quit bitching at each other, or take it to PM? You're starting to get way more annoying than wetcoaster ever was.

LOL

:lol:

I find this quote hilarious.

Well, first of all. I'm not 40 and second of all. I bet you that i get more women than you do.

I find it sad, that people have to try and take their frustrations and turn the corner to try to turn it into insults. If you wanted to prove a point, why don't you do what your suppose to in a hockey forum and talk hockey. Unfortunately, you have no idea. Intelligence doesn't apply to you.

Hey, Rey, check out my sig!

It's updated with another genius quote from you.

To quote your own words..

i said that because you were insinuating we should have taken beach over hodgson, which is idiotic. I was saying that, in a discussion about Hodgson, Beach's stats are irrelevant, especially since he didn't fair any better at trying to make the NHL than Hodgson did.

i said that because you were insinuating we should have taken beach over hodgson, which is idiotic. I was saying that, in a discussion about Hodgson, Beach's stats are irrelevant, especially since he didn't fair any better at trying to make the NHL than Hodgson did.

Your a douchebag,,lol

how do you get I think we should have drafted Beach out of

Just as a sidenote,,,Kyle Beach has 49 points including 27 goals in his last 35 games,,16 points in 11 games this year.

the insinuation of "beach is doing great, and hodgson is doing nothing, sooooo....."

I was checking WHL scores to see how Connauton was doing tonight and seen Beach had 2 goals tonight. Just looked at his stats because it seemed like there was a good chance the Canucks were gonna end up with Beach pre-draft. So if ya wanna think I was insinuating something, you go right ahead,,,,lol

I was checking WHL scores to see how Connauton was doing tonight and seen Beach had 2 goals tonight. Just looked at his stats because it seemed like there was a good chance the Canucks were gonna end up with Beach pre-draft. So if ya wanna think I was insinuating something, you go right ahead,,,,lol

seems more like stoking the fire than anything

Archived