The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Fast forward to 3 weeks later and "the decision will be made next Monday."

If he wants to make friends and influence CDCers' he will keep his word! I expect an announcement early next week once he has worked out details with the club...

If he wants to make friends and influence CDCers' he will keep his word! I expect an announcement early next week once he has worked out details with the club...

because he REALLY genuinely cares what we think, eh? ;)

I don't doubt the statement, but we have been burned before.

Schroeder - Hodgson - Grabner biggrin.gif

How sweet would that be? Lets hope it happens.

I would definetly buy an AHL playoff package if these three were playing together.

I'll probably be going to a playoff game if they play Rockford, Milwaukee or Chicago (regardless of Schroeder/Hodgson being present)

Well, we want him out too, but for completely different reasons. They are just mad because he's not wild property and need a scapegoat for why the team sucks, ignoring the fact that the team overall talent level dropped significantly, not to mention the coach getting worse and worse).

tbf, this was probably the best post i read about him on the gophers forum:

To address the original post, the Canucks shoudn't be worried. Jordan has the same problem that many of the Gopher NHL draft picks have had recently. He still has the talent and will do just fine once he gets to the point where his donkey will be benched for this kind of effort. Let's face it, he still plays on the first line and gets ice time playing halfheartedly. He is still the best potential player on this team and our coach won't bench him. He get's benched he goes pro. There isn't a threat there and he knows it. Once he gets to the pros and he isn't good enough not to get benched he'll put in the effort and become a great player again.

He'll be back playing 100% when he gets to the Moose, like they said ^ there, if he doesn't bother putting the effort in, then he'll spend his time watching the AHL from the press box.

I was reading that exact same thread too on that forum. I was wondering where there could be a Gophers hockey forum online tongue.gif. Reading what those people posted actually gives quite a bit of insight on Schroeder; I found it very interesting. Hopefully Arniel can get his work ethic back in order, or he really will be benched, maybe even for the first time in his career ever.

from what I watched of Schroeder, he would have had double the points if he had decent line mates. I'd find it hard to be motivated if I had to play with them as well.

From what you're saying, do you think Schroeder will be all motivated again once he hits the AHL? After all, it isn't the NHL, but you still have to learn the pro systems and adjust to the grind of an 80-game schedule.

From what you're saying, do you think Schroeder will be all motivated again once he hits the AHL? After all, it isn't the NHL, but you still have to learn the pro systems and adjust to the grind of an 80-game schedule.

I think the AHL would do him a world of good, and he'll probably play next season there, if he chooses to go pro. He's going to have to regain a work ethic and work on his consistency, but I am confident that he will bloom into a great player with some hard work/mentoring. Hopefully Keane comes back and shows him the ropes. That's something Jordan really needs, a guy who's done it all, a 3 time stanley cup champion, to show him what it takes to make it.

I know its not much of a sample size, but in the 2 Minnesota games I watched on the Big Ten sports network, I lost count of the times Schroeder fed his linemates with beautiful feeds and they COULD NOT HANDLE THEM. I think the kid needs a change of scenery... too bad for the kid its Winnipeg. :P

It's easier to adjust when you're getting paid and you don't have to worry about a midterm or assignment... Even if it's "just AHL salary".

from what I watched of Schroeder, he would have had double the points if he had decent line mates. I'd find it hard to be motivated if I had to play with them as well.

Yeah, I saw about 6 Gopher games this year and it reminded me of when Tommi Santala was the "trigger-man" on the Sedin line.

It's easier to adjust when you're getting paid and you don't have to worry about a midterm or assignment... Even if it's "just AHL salary".

As somebody who has played a sport for a University, I can attest to how much it sucks when you're on the road and have assignments waiting for you back home.

Archived