The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

Had a few too many during the fantasy draft, and wound up missing a couple of defencemen. :blink:

I need 2 centers, 4 forwards, 4 defence, 2 goalies, and 4 more of anything for our Yahoo league. Here's who I've got (with 8 other dudes playing, I think I've got some good picks):

C: Ovechkin/Toews/Hartnell

F: Parise/D. Sedin/Hossa/Vanek/Burrows/Backes/Pavelski/Zajac

D: Souray/Ehrhoff/?/?

G: Thomas, Hiller, Vokoun

Whaddaya think? Who should I drop to make room for two more D? I need a healthy balance of PM, +/-, etc, so I hesitate to drop some of these lower-scoring dudes.

Hartnell for starters. and either Zajac or Burrows. because if New Jersey has a bad night, there's 2 players out of your team that get no points. keep Burrows if you're sure he's gonna repeat.

Also, can't you put Hossa on IR for the time being and pick up a d-man?

Had a few too many during the fantasy draft, and wound up missing a couple of defencemen.

I need 2 centers, 4 forwards, 4 defence, 2 goalies, and 4 more of anything for our Yahoo league. Here's who I've got (with 8 other dudes playing, I think I've got some good picks):

Whaddaya think? Who should I drop to make room for two more D? I need a healthy balance of PM, +/-, etc, so I hesitate to drop some of these lower-scoring dudes.

^_^)-->

QUOTE (^_^ @ Sep 26 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes it would help to know who else is available on D LOL

Doesn't really matter who is available on D, actually. The point is, I've got to drop two dudes and pick up whoever is remaining for D since I screwed up the draft.

Outta these players, who would you drop?

This is a pretty good debate I think. You have been notified that you have the 4th overall pick in your hockey pool draft. Who do you take?

All logic points to Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin being taken 1, 2 and 3 (not necessarily in that order). It is now your pick. With a lot of players to choose from, who would you take?

Getzlaf, Parise, maybe Kovalchuk...if it's a keeper league. Otherwise, one of those 3, or Datsyuk, Savard or Iginla. There is definitely a lot more choice than in the top 3. Henrik Zetterberg should be able to have a better year as well, but most of the above are safe bets (Savard also tends to drop in almost every draft, so if it's a small draft, you may still be able to pick him up, and have two of those sorts of guys)

Had a few too many during the fantasy draft, and wound up missing a couple of defencemen. :blink:

probably burrows. or pavelski. or backes.

Archived