The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Say something about the Member above you

AV.

Actually impresses me with his command of this crazy language of ours. Must have studied it in school for many years. Makes me wonder...are people bitter that my native language is the one TRUE internationally accepted language? Does it cause him to become enraged with how unfair the world is that he should have to learn english just for the sake of fitting in? Does he feel that there's another language that should unify not only the EU, but indeed the entire globe?

is surprised I answered all his questions

Actually impresses me with his command of this crazy language of ours.

thanks ;)

Must have studied it in school for many years.

I studied it in school for 9 years, but through reading English books, watching movies in English etc. I didn't really learn a lot of new stuff in the last couple of years in school. Made the lessons and exams seem really boring :(

Makes me wonder...are people bitter that my native language is the one TRUE internationally accepted language? Does it cause him to become enraged with how unfair the world is thathe should have to learn english just for the sake of fitting in?

only the French are bitter about that :P and I would be the wrong person to judge that anyways, because I probably think more like a Canadian than an Austrian :D

Does he feel that there's another language that should unify not only the EU, but indeed the entire globe?

English is the most important language, but there's a lot of languages spoken in the EU and all of them are spoken in the European parliament (through interpreters) etc.

Archived