The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

lol. you're not a Bieksa apologist, you are a pre-apologist.

I seriously doubt that anyone in the world that can so much as spell hockey would agree with your assertion that lame brain Bieksa is a better D man than Edler. laugh.gif

ARe you really surprised at someone defending Bieksa? Especially considering the fact that ANYTIME Bieksa makes a mistake, people such as yourself, jump on here and add to a thread, create a new thread or generally piss and moan about how bad his one play was. Nothing is ever good enough for you or your ilk. You decry ANYONE that points out his good side and take arms with ANYONE who points out a weakness that needs to be developed. You and the other 8 squeaky wheels come on here and portray him as the worst player to ever lace up the skates. You talk about him as if his parents use of one condom could have prevented you from considering buying a bullet and renting a gun. "OH MY GOD! HE'S STILL ON THE TEAM!? *gentle sob* W.... W.... WH.... WHY is he still on... *sniff* *sniff*... the t.... t.... t.... team? *sniff* *sniff*" Good lord man. Either buy a bullet and rent the gun or get off it already.

Honestly now, people saying edler is worse than Bieksa for a few bad plays in a compete 82 game season is just as bad as you Bieksa haters. You calling Whoopsy out is the pot calling the kettle black.

lol. you're not a Bieksa apologist, you are a pre-apologist.

I seriously doubt that anyone in the world that can so much as spell hockey would agree with your assertion that lame brain Bieksa is a better D man than Edler. laugh.gif

Preemptive strike baby.

Edler is a -3, Bieksa is a -1 because of a gaff by Edler in the game vs Minny.

In the last 23 games, pretty much during the Canucks run to the top of the league:

Edler 3G 9A +2, he managed to be a minus in 4 of those games

Bieksa 5G 8A +16, only 2 game he as a minus, including the -1 Edler gave him tonight.

During the run Bieksa pretty much matched up with the other teams' top line every minute on ice, he also doesn't get much time with our top line either. Edler on the other hand plays against lesser lines and get the bulk of powerplay minutes AND the most time playing with the twins.

It's pretty clear cut which defensemen is playing better and is the better dmen right now. Those who think the answer is still Edler should go watch curling instead, they are obviously have no knowledge of hockey whatsoever.

Case closed. You lose AGAIN. Do you ever get tired of losing arguments because the facts disagreed with what you think?

Preemptive strike baby.

Edler is a -3, Bieksa is a -1 because of a gaff by Edler in the game vs Minny.

In the last 23 games, pretty much during the Canucks run to the top of the league:

Edler 3G 9A +2, he managed to be a minus in 4 of those games

Bieksa 5G 8A +16, only 2 game he as a minus, including the -1 Edler gave him tonight.

During the run Bieksa pretty much matched up with the other teams' top line every minute on ice, he also doesn't get much time with our top line either. Edler on the other hand plays against lesser lines and get the bulk of powerplay minutes AND the most time playing with the twins.

It's pretty clear cut which defensemen is playing better and is the better dmen right now. Those who think the answer is still Edler should go watch curling instead, they are obviously have no knowledge of hockey whatsoever.

Case closed. You lose AGAIN. Do you ever get tired of losing arguments because the facts disagreed with what you think?

your 23 game time frame, like Bxa, is too little to base a comparative analysis on and still be credible. Look at the last 4 years, the size + age difference between them, factor in a broader criteria than just +/- , and if you still think Bxa> Edler, I thank God you're not MG.

Run a poll if you are so confident , you sir will be proven wrong again. lol

your 23 game time frame, like Bxa, is too little to base a comparative analysis on and still be credible. Look at the last 4 years, the size + age difference between them, factor in a broader criteria than just +/- , and if you still think Bxa> Edler, I thank God you're not MG.

That's funny, is that all that you got left? I was expecting something with substance from you, I guess that was too much to ask for.

23 games is too little? That's more than 1/4 of a season and is a pretty good gauge to assess a team, or a player in the CURRENT tense. It's also how the whole world based their assessment that the Canucks are currently the #1 team in the league.

What has happened before is past, it is not current, if past performance is so important, everyone would be bending over backwards trying to sign Gretzky to a contract, knowing he WAS the greatest ever. I don't see GMs lining up his front door contracts in hand. How about we just hand the Stanley Cup to the Habs right now, because they won the most cups before so they must be better than every other teams NOW.

Using your own words, thank god you are not AV, as he is the one trusting Bieksa to shutdown the other teams top guy, and giving him big minutes, he won't do that if he don't have trust in Bieksa. And Bieksa delivers the results. If in AV's eyes Edler is a more reliable defender RIGHT NOW, he would have giving the shutdown job to Edler, not Bieksa.

Seriously dude, a mute puts up a better fight in a verbal debate.

This is getting fun just crushing your ego with facts every post.

Why do you continually keep bringing up the past, Canucklelion? It has already happened and has no effect on the present whatsoever. Let's just look at the 2010-11 campaign, 45 games, for comparisons, shall we?

Edler has 5-21-26, is +7 and has 20 PIM in 45 games.

Bieksa has 6-11-17, is +18 and has 46 PIM in 44 games.

Both of these players have made important contributions to the Canuck's success and the numbers show just that. Both have also made some costly mistakes at times, but, that happens every game. Whenever a goal is scored, there is a mistake made and you choose to find a way to blame it on Bieksa somehow. Whatever...

Having both Edler and KB3 in the line-up can only benefit the team.

Why don't you try supporting your hometown team unconditionally rather than spending your time trying to find one or two errors to break down Hansen's and Bieksa's play all the time?

lol?

Being a top defensive defenseman is a tough thing to quantify . Size to clear the crease is a must which is something Bxa lacks, his bark is definitely worse than his bite, nonetheless, his two months of respectable play in the role is not a credible enough amount of time to say he's the best on the team at the role. Prior to playing with Hamhuis, Bxa was known for his lack of defensive awareness. He was a struggling former puck moving offensive defenseman. MG went out and got Ehrhoff to replace Bxa as the puck moving guy and then went out and got Hamhuis when Willie's future was uncertain and a shut down Dman was needed. Is Bieksa reinventing himself? IMO he is just experiencing the flash in the pan success that many players seem to muster for a contract year, plus as I said Hammer does all the heavy lifting for that pairing.

You must have missed the part where I said Juice is the best shut-down guy right now. As I have said multiple times, I don't particularly care what happened in the past. There are many reasons for what went on and there is no reason to go into them again.

I also disagree with a few of your other points:

I don't think Ehrhoff was acquired to replace KB as the "puck-moving" defenseman. IMO, it was considered that the team didn't have one at all. They had a few who were occasionally capable, such as Juice, Salo and even O'Brien on occasion, but none who truly fir the bill.

Is Bieksa re-inventing himself? IMO, absolutely. It has been well documented that he and Rick Bowness had a pre-season meeting where Bones asked KB to take on the shut-down role.

Finally, it's an easy thing to say that Hamhuis is responsible for Bieksa's stats, but if you really had the coaching experience that you claim to have, you'd know that that isn't really workable. The fact is, to be a reliable shut-down tandem both players need to compliment each other.

They both make each other better and neither "does all the heavy lifting".

Kevin Bieksa appears on a list of the top 30 defensive defencemen in the Globe and Mail along with Hamhuis and Edler

The globe and mail's data comes from behindthenet.ca which hasn't included a couple of games from early in the season.

here is some numbers which include all games to date

Bieksa 1 ESGA per 32.9 min ESTOI, 1 PPGA per 10.4 min SHTOI (leads D in total SHTOI)

Hamhuis 1 ESGA per 31.7 min ESTOI, 1 PPGA per 13.1 min SHTOI (leads D in SHTOI/G)

Edler 1 ESGA per 26.5 min ESTOI, 1 PPGA per 10.7 min SHTOI (leads D in total TOI and ESTOI/G)

not too shabby at all for these guys

Kevin Bieksa appears on a list of the top 30 defensive defencemen in the Globe and Mail along with Hamhuis and Edler (link).

Thankyou for the linkbiggrin.gif

You must have missed the part where I said Juice is the best shut-down guy right now. As I have said multiple times, I don't particularly care what happened in the past. There are many reasons for what went on and there is no reason to go into them again.

I also disagree with a few of your other points:

I don't think Ehrhoff was acquired to replace KB as the "puck-moving" defenseman. IMO, it was considered that the team didn't have one at all. They had a few who were occasionally capable, such as Juice, Salo and even O'Brien on occasion, but none who truly fir the bill.

Is Bieksa re-inventing himself? IMO, absolutely. It has been well documented that he and Rick Bowness had a pre-season meeting where Bones asked KB to take on the shut-down role.

Finally, it's an easy thing to say that Hamhuis is responsible for Bieksa's stats, but if you really had the coaching experience that you claim to have, you'd know that that isn't really workable. The fact is, to be a reliable shut-down tandem both players need to compliment each other.

They both make each other better and neither "does all the heavy lifting".

As per the article above I am not the only sane person who watches hockey.

NB. as far as defensive defensemen go surprise surprise Whoopsey + RUPERTKBD,

Edler ranks # 12, and then Hammer @ # 16, and then the guy whom I love to hate, BXa @ #27. lol

IMO Edler + Hammer are where they ought to be and BXa is in way over his head. His new found defensive play won't last.lol

Thankyou for the link

NB. as far as defensive defensemen go  surprise surprise Whoopsey + RUPERTKBD, Edler ranks  # 12, and then Hammer @ # 16, and then the guy whom I love to hate, BXa @ #27. lol

IMO Edler + Hammer are where they ought to be and BXa is in way over his head. His new found defensive play won't last.lol

Unfortunately the info on this link is skewed by an incomplete data set

Edler ranks # 12, and then Hammer @ # 16, and then the guy whom I love to hate, BXa @ #27. lol

According to the article you grossly butchered to troll, Bieksa is one of the top 30 defensive defencemen in the league this season and well worth his salary.

2 things:

- Edler doesn't play the shut-down role.

- I agree that over the course of the entire season, Hammer is better defensively than Bieksa. However, as I said earlier (and you chose to ignore) Juice is the best on the team right now. This website does nothing to alter that claim whatsoever.

In regards to your last sentence, Bieksa's defensive play has lasted for the entire season so far, and has in fact been improving, rather than the opposite.

I know you'd love to see him falter, but as the season wears on, it becomes more and more obvious that you're grasping at straws.

Actually, you are the ONLY person NOT watching hockey and post. Or you are just as ignorant as a rock.

I have been following you all thread long and see your wordings changed to fit your twisted view and to try to savage whatever creditability you have left, not that you had any to begin with.

Bieksa has always been known as a OFFENSIVE defensemen, defense is not his strong suit. But since his offensive output put you to shame, you have now changed your wording to DEFENSIVE defensemen, trying to paint him as bad as possible. Yet this article pretty much buried you alive if you want to use that word, DEFENSIVE. Seeing Bieksa's name in the TOP 30 of the league, not top 30 in the Canucks organization, means that despite being a offensive defensemen, Bieksa also excel in defense and is doing such a good job that he get ranked 27th in the WHOLE LEAGUE DEFENSIVELY. That says something about the quality of Bieksa's performance this year. :)

Bieksa is burying you 6 feet under your own words.

As I have said, pwning you is easy, a quadriplegic puts up a better fight in a wrestling match.

My god this is FUN!!!

Actually, you are the ONLY person NOT watching hockey and post. Or you are just as ignorant as a rock.

I have been following you all thread long and see your wordings changed to fit your twisted view and to try to savage whatever creditability you have left, not that you had any to begin with.

Bieksa has always been known as a OFFENSIVE defensemen, defense is not his strong suit. But since his offensive output put you to shame, you have now changed your wording to DEFENSIVE defensemen, trying to paint him as bad as possible. Yet this article pretty much buried you alive if you want to use that word, DEFENSIVE. Seeing Bieksa's name in the TOP 30 of the league, not top 30 in the Canucks organization, means that despite being a offensive defensemen, Bieksa also excel in defense and is doing such a good job that he get ranked 27th in the WHOLE LEAGUE DEFENSIVELY. That says something about the quality of Bieksa's performance this year. :)

As I have said, pwning you is easy, a quadriplegic puts up a better fight in a wrestling match.

My god this is FUN!!!

Yes it's quite fun watching him trying to "savage his creditability"... Ricky ;)

(But I must applaud your proper usage and grammar in regards to "pwning")

trailer_park_boys_ricky_elvis_do_1.jpg

My god this is FUN!!!

Talk about a zip cred, you compared Bxa to Duncan Keith on pg. 329. lol

Also on that page but in a different post you write that Ehrhoff is the star of the Nuck's D, well ok, if you truly believe Bxa is a changed man,from an offensive guy to a defensive Dman, as you have also posted, then the Globe article we are discussing rates BXa a distant 3rd best defensive D man on the team using data designed to focus on defensive abilities.

Take all that and add to the fact MG, AV, and Danny S have all recently said Salo is the best Dman on the team. It puts Bxa at #5. Behind Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler + Hamhuis. IMO if Ballard got more ice time, he too would be an improvement on Bxa.

Frankly, I can't see Bxa as part of the teams plans moving forward, the only caveat being if the D is subjected to more injuries. Otherwise only 40 more days to the trade deadline, maybe less til Salo gets back , I can't wait to say bye bye Bxa. lol

Also on that page but in a different post you write that Ehrhoff is the star of the Nuck's D, well ok, if you truly believe Bxa is a changed man,from an offensive guy to a defensive Dman, as you have also posted, then the Globe article we are discussing rates BXa a distant 3rd best defensive D man on the team using data designed to focus on defensive abilities.

Take all that and add to the fact MG, AV, and Danny S have all recently said Salo is the best Dman on the team. It puts Bxa at #5. Behind Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler + Hamhuis. IMO if Ballard got more ice time, he too would be an improvement on Bxa.

Frankly, I can't see Bxa as part of the teams plans moving forward, the only caveat being if the D is subjected to more injuries. Otherwise only 40 more days to the trade deadline, maybe less til Salo gets back , I can't wait to say bye bye Bxa. lol

Gillis has pretty much told the beat reporters there's no chance he'll trade Bieksa.

Gillis has pretty much told the beat reporters there's no chance he'll trade Bieksa.

Good point, please keep in mind that during the season, GM's rarely speak truthfully about injuries or trades, at least until the trade deadline passes or they pull the trigger on the trade or list/delist the player on LTIR.

Until that point, IMO the opposite of what they say is actually just as likely to happen.

Is that how you try to savage your creditability? Lol, you really need to try harder.

You were boasting Bieksa is a GvA machine, I dig up the numbers on Keith to show you Bieksa is not. Since you have selective reading habits, you shorten that to just comparing Bieksa to Keith. Nice.

Let's see, Bieksa is 11 spots behind Hamhuis according to the ranking, and that is called a DISTANT 3rd? Wow. There are over 200 dressed defensemen every night in the NHL, more if you count reserves and those that got sent to the minors. I don't know about you, 11 out of 200 is barely over 5%, so if you think 5% behind is FAR BEHIND, you got a lot more problems than just losing arguments here.

BTW, I see no return fire on me calling you out on you changing wording in your posts, I assumed I hit a soft spot? Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I am just being honest and straight :)

I see now you are digging through my posts to find something to attack me, nice. Let's get going then.

I said Ehrhoff is the star of our defense, he still is. He is the flashy puck moving offensive defensemen a lot of teams want, but does star = No 1? No. It depends on the situation and the context you want to talk about. If you want to talk about pure offensive defensemen, then yes Ehrhoff is #1.

If you want to talk about 2-way defensemen, then Ehrhoff is not #1, Edler would be if you want the balance to be more offensive side, and Hamhuis would be #1 if you want to talk about defensive side. Bieksa can be counted as one now too.

Defensive defensivemen? None. we don't have any after Mitchell is gone. But Bieksa comes close now with him doing a great job shutting down the opposing top lines. Wouldn't you know it, our aggressive pure offense offensive defensemen of seasons before is now our top shutdown guy.

Bieksa? He is quite versatile now, if you want a offensive defensemen, he can be the #2 behind Ehrhoff as offense comes natural to him. If you want defensive, he has proved he is capable of doing that too. So Bieksa really isn't that far down the depth chart.

Ballard? AV is not playing him enough minutes to warrant any meaningful assessment, but he is playing as a defensive defensemen for us.

The way AV is pairing up the d, it would seems like I am pretty spot on. He paired Edler and Ehrhoff as the offensive pair, with Edler backing up Ehrhoff. Bieksa and Hamhuis is our defensive pair with offensive flair, and the stats speak for themselves.

What else you want the GM, Coach to say about someone who didn't contribute anything to our team's success this year? Call him useless plug? Seriously, get real, of course they are goign to be diplomatic about Salo. You said it yourself, GM rarely speak the truth during the season about players, and in your own words the opposite is just as likely.

You know what, Bieksa has a better chance of re-signing here than Salo next year, wanna bet on that? Actually, on second thought, scratch that, you are too chicken to take that bet.

And Salo? He is not playing for us until at least after the tradeline, if at all, and the one making room for Salo is NOT Bieksa. Wanna bet on that too?

Archived