The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Same could be said for all the D, in my opinion.

Not the strongest game for KB this season, but he made some quality plays at most times. I think the whole team is struggling defensively; the forward support isn't there like we were praising two weeks ago, and that affects the blueline significantly.

Fortunately though, even when this team isn't playing to its best, we still manage to claw a point out of most games, whether it be by process of hard-nosed work via the Avs game, or stellar goaltending tonight from Lou. Overall, I think the team lacked finish altogether, and couldn't bury any chances when they were presented to them. This obviously includes the D (I can think up two chances on the spot by Hamhuis and Ehrhoff where they received a great Sedin pass in the slot on separate occasions but elected not to shoot).

Agreed. My point with getting more wristers is it seemed that too often the chance was missed to get a simple shot for a rebound on net. If the PP is struggling why not use other resources? Canucks are fortunate to have a D man who can score 40+ points playing in a shut down role and 2nd PP unit.

I noticed too the lack of support for the D from the forwards. Seemed too often the forwards got low and didn't have clear outlets for the D. Give credit to the sharks though they pushed the nucks down.

Luongo certainly got them the point today.

FIrst post:

Aussie, first year nucks and 2nd year nhl fan

from what i have seen and with my understanding of hockey (getting pretty good :D) i fail to see where the pretty harsh hatred for bieska comes from, to me, he seems a really solid d guy who has a pretty good little wrist shot.

basically, without causing a sh*tstorm, wheres all the hate from :S

Coulda used a few of his wristers on net during PP me thinks.

Didn't see the game but I've noticed that he's been shooting it wide on purpose a lot this season. It isn't so much wanting to be wide, but it's a matter of making sure the puck gets past the guy trying to block it. NHL players are so adept at "bringing the puck back" with deflections, it makes a wrist shot to the outside of the post a decent opportunity.

FIrst post:

from what i have seen and with my understanding of hockey (getting pretty good :D) i fail to see where the pretty harsh hatred for bieska comes from, to me, he seems a really solid d guy who has a pretty good little wrist shot.

Welcome to CDC, this thread is probably the sh*tstorm of which you speak.biggrin.gif

FIrst post:

Where does all the hate come from?

Well imo 3 places.

1. Extremely passionate fans who think they know a hell of a lot more than they do about hockey and in particular the Canucks. That coupled with having the emotional stability of an 11 year old and the initiative of a rock and you have idiots following along with whatever gets tossed around enough in the media or by "&$^# disturbers trying to make a &*$^storm.

2. People like Canuckelion who don't really believe anything they say but love to play the game and rile people up and are good at it. These people usually end up instigating everything for the poor hapless dolts from the first example.

3. There are a few people who use their brains and think about every possibility and actually analyze what's going on. Sometimes this takes you in a Sharpshooter direction which tends to be more positive than not and sometimes it takes you in the Sanford direction which tends to be more negative than not. Neither of these I would classify as hater or homer rather smart fan. Even if Sanford does everything in his power to come of simple and arrogant it doesn't change that his approach always has a lot of thought in it. It does however generate much hate from some of the folks who can only get through one sentence before they need a nap or a hit of keyboard duster. Then they pile on to whatever they think he's saying.

Where does all the hate come from?

Well imo 3 places.

1. Extremely passionate fans who think they know a hell of a lot more than they do about hockey and in particular the Canucks. That coupled with having the emotional stability of an 11 year old and the initiative of a rock and you have idiots following along with whatever gets tossed around enough in the media or by "&$^# disturbers trying to make a &*$^storm.

2. People like Canuckelion who don't really believe anything they say but love to play the game and rile people up and are good at it. These people usually end up instigating everything for the poor hapless dolts from the first example.

3. There are a few people who use their brains and think about every possibility and actually analyze what's going on. Sometimes this takes you in a Sharpshooter direction which tends to be more positive than not and sometimes it takes you in the Sanford direction which tends to be more negative than not. Neither of these I would classify as hater or homer rather smart fan. Even if Sanford does everything in his power to come of simple and arrogant it doesn't change that his approach always has a lot of thought in it. It does however generate much hate from some of the folks who can only get through one sentence before they need a nap or a hit of keyboard duster.

Since I use an iPhone I'm stuck with downing shots of screen cleaner.

Add number 4.

Since the Canucks have not met expectations in the playoffs someone needs to burn at the stake and the easiest target is the safest one.

Since I use an iPhone I'm stuck with downing shots of screen cleaner.

Add number 4.

Since the Canucks have not met expectations in the playoffs someone needs to burn at the stake and the easiest target is the safest one.

I think that fits into the first one. As well there's the obligatory $&*^ on someone who signed a new contract last season who was a semi fan favorite but now is a talentless selfish ass clown.

BTW if you add a little crystal lite to that cleaner it's not half bad.

I think that fits into the first one. As well there's the obligatory $&*^ on someone who signed a new contract last season who was a semi fan favorite but now is a talentless selfish ass clown.

BTW if you add a little crystal lite to that cleaner it's not half bad.

I prefer cutting mine with some whiskey.

Adding onto my previous post...not only is Bieksa a team leading + 20 on the team, he's now #9 among all players in the NHL, in that statistical category.

He's tied with Matt Carle and Crosby.

Not too shabby.....for an apparently soon to be AHL'er.wink.gif

... lucky you didn't make the bonehead play Ehrhoff did last night.

We would never hear the end of it here had that been you.

So true. The Bieksa haters have him under a microscope, but chose to more or else ignore Ehrhoff and Edler's mistakes. Both were absolutely brutal in Minnesota, and Ehrhoff's mistake last night ultimately costed us the win.

So true. The Bieksa haters have him under a microscope, but chose to more or else ignore Ehrhoff and Edler's mistakes. Both were absolutely brutal in Minnesota, and Ehrhoff's mistake last night ultimately costed us the win.

This is the point that was trying to be made early on here when the legitimate "haters" were still here. The microscope was on Bieksa because it was trendy more than anything else. He just sucked and they refused to find a reason for the difference in his play. Other players did the exact same things all the time. It was never about bieksa being perfect more about the arguments against him being...stupid.

Unless you saw it live or your broadcast was in 3D, without depth, there is no way you can accurately judge the impact of the stick to the hands. That's the challenge with a conventional HD broadcast. So it was a legit penalty according to the ref, who actually saw it with his own 2 eyes.

What could Bxa have done to thwart the play ? lol He is real slow, but he can't help that, all he would of had to do was make the stick check from behind that he made, without contacting the player, (hands), first.

Now do you get it?biggrin.gif

edit: I accidentaly hit the +1 button, when I went to hit reply. lol

i would have preferred an unbiased response, but i do appreciate the +.. at least your reply was good for something.

Haha, thanks, seems to make a bit more sense, though i'm guessing seeing as i have only seen this season and a few of last, that i missed his bad play XD.

hahaha skitzo your the best, you came in with an unbiased opinion of Bieksa and then said you don't know why people rag on him. this just shows how people are overcritical of Bieksa because they are just expecting him to make a mistake... it's easy to find something when your looking for it.

Also, just for your knowledge skitzo Bieksa has played injured or not fully healed a large part of the previous two seasons, which is probably why he wasn't at his greatest for a while.

hahaha skitzo your the best, you came in with an unbiased opinion of Bieksa and then said you don't know why people rag on him. this just shows how people are overcritical of Bieksa because they are just expecting him to make a mistake... it's easy to find something when your looking for it.

Also, just for your knowledge skitzo Bieksa has played injured or not fully healed a large part of the previous two seasons, which is probably why he wasn't at his greatest for a while.

lol, you Bxa apologist, so has every other player.

Do you really believe guys can play 82 games + go unscathed, look at the ragging injured players Samuelsson, ( abdomen). and Raymond, (hand), are taking right now. BTW this is the last year of a 4 yr deal with BXa and this is the best season in the last 5 for him. Is he injured all the time?

Unless you saw it live or your broadcast was in 3D, without depth, there is no way you can accurately judge the impact of the stick to the hands. That's the challenge with a conventional HD broadcast. So it was a legit penalty according to the ref, who actually saw it with his own 2 eyes.

You're right. Refs never make mistakes. They never have things like goals scored or goals waved off overturned as they saw it with their own two eyes in 3D.

lol, you Bxa apologist, so has every other player.

Do you really believe guys can play 82 games + go unscathed, look at the ragging injured players Samuelsson, ( abdomen). and Raymond, (hand), are taking right now. BTW this is the last year of a 4 yr deal with BXa and this is the best season in the last 5 for him. Is he injured all the time?

Wow! You are no longer in denial of Bieksa strong play?

Uh-oh. The next stage is Anger.

Archived