The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

What you call "glaring boners" are errors that happen to every Canuck defenseman, every night. You're just too blinded by your Bieksa hate to see it. Either that, or you do see it, but refuse to admit it because it would further weaken your already weak argument.

I don't need to insinuate anything (your arguments take care of that for me) and I don't stoop to calling people names. You obviously have me confused with someone else.

lol...."coach".

O yeah he is a coach I totally forgot about that! Haha

Well as someone just posted above, so is AV, and he chooses to give Bieksa top-pairing icetime.

So as a fellow coach CANUCKLELION, can you possibly shed light on why he gives him that icetime?

<br />O yeah he is a coach I totally forgot about that! Haha<br /><br />Well as someone just posted above, so is AV, and he chooses to give Bieksa top-pairing icetime.<br /><br />So as a fellow coach CANUCKLELION, can you possibly shed light on why he gives him that icetime?<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />It's all part of a giant conspiracy to keep Rupert and Canuckle amused and busy, thus keeping the world safe .. /g

More often? If Bxa only blows a play once a game, the Bxa apologist posse claims he had a good game.

Imagine if Ballard, Alberts or Rome pulled a glaring boner once a game. None of them would still be Canuck's.

Bxa gets preferred treatment. You can insinuate my opinion is foolish or call me Susan even, it still doesn't change the fact Bxa is brutal defensively.

Well Susan, the Sedins go up against the worlds best defenders night after night. They are both in the top 4 for points this season and have each won the Art Ross in back to back years. Does that mean those supposed "best d-men in the league" they face night after night are actually brutal defensive liabilities? Answer that one Susan.

Bieksa goes up against the best offensive players in the league. You know, the all-stars, those guys with the offensive talent to get quality scoring chances against the best defenders. If any shutdown d-man has but one gaff per game he hasn't had a good game, he's had a great game. Because most will have more than one per game. Every one of these shutdown d-men get beat every game giving up quality chances to the top offensive players. Every one of them. Just as Hamhuis had three beauties last night. Oh no, Hammer is "brutal" defensively too! We need to get rid of Bieksa AND Hamhuis!

Well Susan, the Sedins go up against the worlds best defenders night after night. They are both in the top 4 for points this season and have each won the Art Ross in back to back years. Does that mean those supposed "best d-men in the league" they face night after night are actually brutal defensive liabilities? Answer that one Susan.

Bieksa goes up against the best offensive players in the league. You know, the all-stars, those guys with the offensive talent to get quality scoring chances against the best defenders. If any shutdown d-man has but one gaff per game he hasn't had a good game, he's had a great game. Because most will have more than one per game. Every one of these shutdown d-men get beat every game giving up quality chances to the top offensive players. Every one of them. Just as Hamhuis had three beauties last night. Oh no, Hammer is "brutal" defensively too! We need to get rid of Bieksa AND Hamhuis!

Chara, Weber, Pronger + even Seabrook, say hi.

Besides it took the Twins the better part of 10 yrs to become elite NHLer's or super stars. Bxa sure isn't anywhere near that level.

Why again is he the highest paid player on the team? I always thought that he must have some dirt on AV, due to the latitude AV gives the brain fart expert Bxa, but Gilman + MG?

The 5yr NTC makes no sense with almost everyone, even most of CDC, saying the Nuck's need another top 4 Dman.

Edler + Hammer are keepers, so is Salo at 2mil, but Bxa? He is the chink in the armor. He is the easiest guy who's role could be improved on by replacement.

This is really all that needs to be said.

When the sedins beat world class dmen such as Chara and Seabrook et al it's "awsomorrzzzzz sedins"!

When world class forwards beat Bieksa its "sux0rz" Bieksa.

This is really all that needs to be said.

When the sedins beat world class dmen such as Chara and Seabrook et al it's "awsomorrzzzzz sedins"!

When world class forwards beat Bieksa its "sux0rz" Bieksa.

It seems to me it was Burr who scored both goals in the 2 - 1 game 7, OT series win vs the Hawks and it was the lack of goals that sunk the team in the SCF. It seems to me that Chara + Seabrook did their jobs.

Wasn't it a 4th liner that turnstiled Bxa for a goal a couple of weeks ago. My point is Bxa is simply not good enough to even be mentioned in the same breath as elite Dmen. Hamhuis and Edler on the other hand, no question, those two are the real deal.

bxa does run off at the mouth a lot, maybe in his career after hockey he could get a job inflating hot air balloons?

It seems to me it was Burr who scored both goals in the 2 - 1 game 7, OT series win vs the Hawks and it was the lack of goals that sunk the team in the SCF. It seems to me that Chara + Seabrook did their jobs.

Wasn't it a 4th liner that turnstiled Bxa for a goal a couple of weeks ago. My point is Bxa is simply not good enough to even be mentioned in the same breath as elite Dmen. Hamhuis and Edler on the other hand, no question, those two are the real deal.

bxa does run off at the mouth a lot, maybe in his career after hockey he could get a job inflating hot air balloons?

Neither Edler nor Hamhuis are elite.

Edler maybe on his way there.

Bieksas stats once again say otherwise.

"Kevin Bieksa you are really" a tough guy but often goes after a MUCH weeker opponent and pummels them. Go Lucic!!!

Incorrect

Bieksa fight card. http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1562/fightcard/reg2012

2011/12

October 18 - Win against Brandon Dubinsky - 6'0" 195lbs, With a decent fight card in his career. If you think he's MUCH weaker or even weaker you can't possibly have ever seen him play.

November 6, 2011 - Win against Jamal Mayers - 6'2" 205lbs, Jamal Mayers is not a weaker opponent in the slightest. In fact this is one Mayers should have won going by size and experience...but he didn't.

December 23, 2011 - Win against Tom Kostopoulos - 6'0" 205lbs, T.K. has beaten Bieksa before, also has a larger fight card to his name and like everyone else this season...lost to Bieksa. Also not a weaker opponent at all.

Do you want to go through last season as well because it's much of the same. Cragin Adam, Voros, Kostopoilos. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you're going to speak from your rear it's probably best just to shut up rather than look like an idiot. It's fine to dislike a player, it's fine to dislike aspects of a players game but to spout misinformation is just plain dumb.

THE POINT!!!!!!

YOU MISSED IT!!!

I'm a huge Bieksa supporter, but whoever said that he is an "elite" defenseman needs to take their homer glasses off. Good? Yes. Elite? Hell no. There are gaffs in Bieksa's defensive play, as with any other defenseman, including those elite ones such as Lidstrom and Keith, but he does make up for it quite often with his play in key situations.

I'm relieved that Hamhuis is paired with Bieksa. They work so well together, and Hamhuis' play has influenced Bieksa a lot. I find him attempting to throw hip checks every game now, even though he can't properly time them lol.

Chara, Weber, Pronger + even Seabrook, say hi.

Besides it took the Twins the better part of 10 yrs to become elite NHLer's or super stars. Bxa sure isn't anywhere near that level.

Why again is he the highest paid player on the team? I always thought that he must have some dirt on AV, due to the latitude AV gives the brain fart expert Bxa, but Gilman + MG?

The 5yr NTC makes no sense with almost everyone, even most of CDC, saying the Nuck's need another top 4 Dman.

Edler + Hammer are keepers, so is Salo at 2mil, but Bxa? He is the chink in the armor. He is the easiest guy who's role could be improved on by replacement.

More like Thomas and Rinne said hi. The Sedins/Burrows had many high quality chances against both. They had to get the upper hand on those elite d-men to do so. Not every defensive gaff results in a goal. Elite d-men give up high quality chances just as Bieksa and Hamhuis do.

Bieksa's deal makes sense to all but the blind. I hate to break it to you but the aging, injury prone Salo is the one that needs to be replaced in the top four. At his price he'd be awesome in the bottom pairing. He's the type you really need in the bottom pairing. A good price tag that can play left or right side and can easily fit into the top four in any role.

Another news flash for you is that Ballard is our current overpriced d-man. Unless he really picks it up so he can be paired with Edler he's the one that will need to go to create the cap space needed for a top four guy. Thus far he has failed to fit into the top four when needed and is overpriced for the bottom pairing. You're harping about the wrong guy as usual.

I'm a huge Bieksa supporter, but whoever said that he is an "elite" defenseman needs to take their homer glasses off. Good? Yes. Elite? Hell no. There are gaffs in Bieksa's defensive play, as with any other defenseman, including those elite ones such as Lidstrom and Keith, but he does make up for it quite often with his play in key situations.

I'm relieved that Hamhuis is paired with Bieksa. They work so well together, and Hamhuis' play has influenced Bieksa a lot. I find him attempting to throw hip checks every game now, even though he can't properly time them lol.

I don't believe anyone said Bieksa was elite.

Bxa was brutal in LA again last night. He started off with an excellent shot to open the scoring, but after that he looked half asleep.

I thought Alberts was one of the better Dmen last night like when he made an all star caliber play breaking up a 3 on 1, unlike Bxa who didn't know whether to poop or get off the pot on the 2 on1,that resulted in the King's back breaking 3rd goal.

Bxa was brutal in LA again last night. He started off with an excellent shot to open the scoring, but after that he looked half asleep.

I thought Alberts was one of the better Dmen last night like when he made an all star caliber play breaking up a 3 on 1, unlike Bxa who didn't know whether to poop or get off the pot on the 2 on1,that resulted in the King's back breaking 3rd goal.

Do you honestly think your poop or get off the pot comment was that brilliant that you need to post it in every thread?

Every time i read one of these threads i picture this guy sitting in his garage which is covered in pictures of bieksa which have been defaced with depraved, semi-homoerotic statements watching the canucks game in his underwear, a pad of paper at hand, intently jotting down every mistake made by #3, muttering to himself "poop or get off the pot my precious" and chortling at his immense wittyness.

Do you honestly think your poop or get off the pot comment was that brilliant that you need to post it in every thread?

Every time i read one of these threads i picture this guy sitting in his garage which is covered in pictures of bieksa which have been defaced with depraved, semi-homoerotic statements watching the canucks game in his underwear, a pad of paper at hand, intently jotting down every mistake made by #3, muttering to himself "poop or get off the pot my precious" and chortling at his immense wittyness.

Nope, I forgot I used it in one other thread, I guess like Bxa, I'm not very creative today.

Archived