The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Another stellar performance by the " Turnover King "

My friends and i would all cringe at the same time whenever he handled the puck like it was a handgrenade........that must have been some great weed he smoked before the game. :picard:

There was one classic shift by him last night that had me screaming at the tv, where he pinched at the blue line, and Kings got a two on one because of it. But thanks to Burrows bustin his hump getting back to break it up Lui didn't even have to make a save.

So Burr now has the puck on the side boards near Lui when Bieksa finally gets back from his pinch and basically takes it off Burr's stick, skates in behind the net and tries to carry the puck up the other side when he loses it again right in the slot, giving the Kings player a perfect shot at the net...which Lui saved.

Just brutal play by him that would get many players benched. Not him though.

There was one classic shift by him last night that had me screaming at the tv, where he pinched at the blue line, and Kings got a two on one because of it. But thanks to Burrows bustin his hump getting back to break it up Lui didn't even have to make a save.

So Burr now has the puck on the side boards near Lui when Bieksa finally gets back from his pinch and basically takes it off Burr's stick, skates in behind the net and tries to carry the puck up the other side when he loses it again right in the slot, giving the Kings player a perfect shot at the net...which Lui saved.

Just brutal play by him that would get many players benched. Not him though.

Hell yes, i remember that play.....one of many bonehead plays he made that game.

Funny, all the Bieksa lovers and apologists have scattered :sadno:

Another stellar performance by the " Turnover King "

My friends and i would all cringe at the same time whenever he handled the puck like it was a handgrenade........that must have been some great weed he smoked before the game. :picard:

must have got it from higgins 21355pw.gif

look how baked he looks:

132699792_slide.jpg

Hell yes, i remember that play.....one of many bonehead plays he made that game.

Funny, all the Bieksa lovers and apologists have scattered :sadno:

I love Bieksa. I am an apologist on his behalf from time to time.

However his play of late is simply poop.

He'll get his edge back.

Then it will be you and all the Bieksa bashers who will be quiet for a while.

Just like all the lovers come out when he plays decently or well for a few games.

I made the point only a few pages ago -- that's the problem with Bieksa, you never know what you're gonna get. And for a guy who chews up minutes and has a 4.6 mil cap hit, that kind of inconsistency is unacceptable.

Well, you guys ONLY see the bad. Honestly how many have been playing well since that B's game? Hammer had a pretty good stinker a couple of games ago. But you put any player under the microscope and ONLY look for the bad plays and you'll find plenty to complain about all of the d-men. They all make their share of mistakes.

Curious if I remember correctly this topic started with a different OP did it not? I was pretty sure the OP had a huge minus and now it's showing the OP with a plus, and it's not even a rant on Bieksa, it's about how good he is. I thought this topic was created because the OP was pissed with his play, not the opposite.

Curious if I remember correctly this topic started with a different OP did it not? I was pretty sure the OP had a huge minus and now it's showing the OP with a plus, and it's not even a rant on Bieksa, it's about how good he is. I thought this topic was created because the OP was pissed with his play, not the opposite.

Umm no I was actually happy with his play , i was supporting him that night

Umm no I was actually happy with his play , i was supporting him that night

I think what kick started this mega thread was the mass sheer rejection of anything positive about Bxa. He has been the highest paid Nuck Dman for 3 of the last 4 years, and still makes more unforced errors than a bargain basement rookie like Tanev in any given game. I'd be happy if he did not have an NTC and made Rome/Alberts type dough.

Then MG would have some flexibility and cap space to bring in a real Dman to complement Hamhuis' outstanding defensive abilities.

Archived