The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

:lol:

I know we disagree in this thread but I like your sense of humor. I don't mean the deal...just the way you do things. Very quick and the humor just pops.

(I would also do the deal in a heartbeat.Well...I might want a pick back as well so maybe 2 heartbeats)

Disagreeing is all good, sir. We are still on the same team which is the botton line. :D

We're approaching the mid-season mark and both Vancouver and Buffalo have 34 games behind them. I thought maybe a little Bieksa/Ehrhoff comparison was due as a Canucklelion stocking stuffer:

Ehrhoff

G: 2

A: 14

Pts: 16

+/-: -11

Shots: 82

Missed shots: 35

Shooting %: 2.4%

Hits: 21

Blocked shots: 42

Giveaways: 32

Takeaways: 11

Bieksa

G: 3

A: 13

+/-: +5

Shots: 75

Missed shots: 32

Shooting %: 4%

Hits: 66

Blocked shots: 50

Takeaways: 24

Total Points from d-men:

10/11 : 157

11/12 to date: 83

11/12 on pace for: 201

Merry Xmas everybody!

Not sure what he was doing on the Glencross goal. Bad on him and Hamhuis. Unusual because they've been playing really well.

And I really don't like him dropping the mitts. He's risking injury and he's putting himself out of action for 5 minutes, hence breaking up our top D pair.

Agreed.

Hamhuis and Bieksa are great on the ice for about 95% of the game but when they mess up they mess up in a way that leads to a premium scoring chance. That cannot happen if the Canucks want to go deep. These mistakes HAVE to be corrected because these 'easy' goals are the ones that make the game out of reach for us.

Shut up jerk . :huh:;):lol:

We are on the same team...so say it with me loud and proud. Bieksa is a Canuck and go Canucks go.

I would amend that to say, Bieksa is a Canuck for life, whether he plays well or not, thanks to his 5 yr NTC.

At least after the Calgary game we all know Bxa is well prepared for his post hockey career.... as a super market turnstile. emot-parrot.gif

What ever, Bxa was by far the worst Dman on the ice for either team tonight.

He did get an assist on Hammer's goal, but other than that Bxa was a pylon.

Funny, I thought the worst stretch of defensive play was the 5 minutes Bieksa was in the box. I thought both Sulzer and Salo had more than their share of blunders. Hammer really blew it on that icing taking neither the puck or the man. Don't see how you could possibly think Bieksa was the worst tonight.

I would amend that to say, Bieksa is a Canuck for life, whether he plays well or not, thanks to his 5 yr NTC that he earned.

At least after the Calgary game we all know Bxa is well prepared for his post hockey career.... as a super market turnstile. emot-parrot.gif

I would say that as usual your boring and predictable comments are boring and predictable.

...oh and not to forget also incorrect.

Funny, I thought the worst stretch of defensive play was the 5 minutes Bieksa was in the box. I thought both Sulzer and Salo had more than their share of blunders. Hammer really blew it on that icing taking neither the puck or the man. Don't see how you could possibly think Bieksa was the worst tonight.

There's your problem right there Baggins.

By this point you should know better than that.

We're approaching the mid-season mark and both Vancouver and Buffalo have 34 games behind them. I thought maybe a little Bieksa/Ehrhoff comparison was due as a Canucklelion stocking stuffer:

Ehrhoff

Bieksa

Total Points from d-men:

Merry Xmas everybody!

Thanks for the great stats, after that brutal start Bieksa had, I know his giveaway/takeaway ratio will get much better.

Ok maybe not as a supermarket turnstile, he's probably going to open up a bakery and serve up turn overs, look out Tim Horton. lol

2/10 with a bonus point given for spelling everything right.

3/10

Also he's going to have to be a silent partner in the bakery business to Hamhuis who leads the team in turn overs.

Ba dum bum...

Ehrhoff

Bieksa

Total Points from d-men:

Merry Xmas everybody!

Impressive. Have fun having Ehrhoff forever, Buffalo. :lol:

2/10 with a bonus point given for spelling everything right.

3/10

Also he's going to have to be a silent partner in the bakery business to Hamhuis who leads the team in turn overs.

Ba dum bum...

I wonder how he's going to play this one? I say with the classic "ignore and wait until someone else says something remotely arguable"

Just about a month later Bieksa now at +5 and still moving up!

True, but you should add an asterix, Bxa is a career minus player without Hamhuis.

If you subtract any ice time that he has been paired with Hammer, Bxa is a minus and Hammer is a Plus.

So is Hammer making his stats look good or is Bxa still Bxa? a defensive liability when not paired with Hamhuis.

True, but you should add an asterix, Bxa is a career minus player without Hamhuis.

If you subtract any ice time that he has been paired with Hammer, Bxa is a minus and Hammer is a Plus.

So is Hammer making his stats look good or is Bxa still Bxa? a defensive liability when not paired with Hamhuis.

You forgot to comment about Hamhuis being the teams leading baker...

Any defensemen is a minus player if they don't have a shut down defense partner, especially when they like to jump in the offense.

Archived