The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

You guys are at insanely high levels. I'm only a level 7, but I've put about a good 10-12 hours in already. I don't really do quests. I'm far more interested in exploring Skyrim and killing bandits with my bow -- I'm a wood elf specializing in stealth and archery. I want to become a vampire really bad, but I'm worried about the downsides of it regarding quests and the main storyline.

<br />Started a new character. I highly recommend it.<br /><br />-Wood Elf<br />-3 hours in<br />-level 30 (was 36)<br />-101 sneak<br />-101 smithing<br />-90 speech<br />-3500 gold<br />
<br /><br /><br />

He means 30 hours in, although that would be incredibly impressive if you hit level 30 after only 3 hours.

hey guys, im new to playing a game like this, i just bought it a couple hours ago, and i tryuly dont even know whats going on or what im supposed to do,

can anyone give me some helpful advice on how to do things?

Just walk around and explore/talk to people and you will gain some quests and that will give you some direction. As for creating a character some tips I have don't focus on leveling up to many different attributes it is better to focus on like 4-5 so you can get farther in the perk trees, obviously grow levels in any area you can but only invest perks in so many skills or you might pay for it down the road.

hey guys, im new to playing a game like this, i just bought it a couple hours ago, and i tryuly dont even know whats going on or what im supposed to do,

can anyone give me some helpful advice on how to do things?

Press J (If you're on PC), gives you a list of quests you've started.

Started a new character. I highly recommend it.

-Wood Elf

-3 hours in

-level 30 (was 36)

-101 sneak

-101 smithing

-90 speech

-3500 gold

How do you get all of your stats up so fast? I know even if that means 30 hours...still that's pretty fast. I'm like 50+ hours in and my Archery is the highest I have at 82. The thing I always do is Sneak+Snipe with the Bow. My speech is still pretty crap and my smithing is pretty crap too. Whenever I go to smith something everything is greyed out and I don't have the materials for it.

One question: In the loading screen, it says spells level up by using them. Does this mean I don't have to hit anyone? I can just use the spell whenever I want ( ie: Firebolt ) and it will level up?

I know a buddy of mine got his One-Handed skill up to 100 by just summoning a creature over and over and killing it every time.

How do you get all of your stats up so fast? I know even if that means 30 hours...still that's pretty fast. I'm like 50+ hours in and my Archery is the highest I have at 82. The thing I always do is Sneak+Snipe with the Bow. My speech is still pretty crap and my smithing is pretty crap too. Whenever I go to smith something everything is greyed out and I don't have the materials for it.

One question: In the loading screen, it says spells level up by using them. Does this mean I don't have to hit anyone? I can just use the spell whenever I want ( ie: Firebolt ) and it will level up?

I know a buddy of mine got his One-Handed skill up to 100 by just summoning a creature over and over and killing it every time.

If you want a fast way to get your smithing up, buy a whole whack load of leather strips and iron ingots and keep crafting iron daggers. It cost me about 10,000 gold to get it up to 90 but I'm loving my new deadric armor

Lol it really took me 3 hours.

Smithing- get 10-11k then buy iron ingots and leather strips and just keep smithing daggers.

Speech you go to a guy in rifton and keep persauding him, it will cost 70 gold each time, then just pickpocket your money back. Make sure you save just before.

Your sneak will go up in time, just keep doing what your doing.

Smithing- get 10-11k then buy iron ingots and leather strips and just keep smithing daggers.

Speech you go to a guy in rifton and keep persauding him, it will cost 70 gold each time, then just pickpocket your money back. Make sure you save just before.

A guy in Riften? There are plenty of guys in Riften.

Thanks for the info though. Who sells that many leather strips and iron ingots?

A guy in Riften? There are plenty of guys in Riften.

Thanks for the info though. Who sells that many leather strips and iron ingots?

Ya sorry I should have explained myself better :P

I'm not sure what guy in riften, you can google it, if it doesn't show up I can let you know by tomorrow when I play again!!

For the leather strips and iron ingots I went to WhiteRun. Head to the blacksmith. You can buy leather and leather strips from them (take the leather and go to the tanning wrack right beside the building next to the smithing station, it will give you more leather strips).

With the iron ingots you talk to the same person, buy all the iron ingots possible from them, wait 2 days by simply clicking (just in case your a noob :P) the back button and moving it two 24 hours, do that twice. They should have a new supply of gold and ingots

Is it really that fun to just grind the sh*t out of skills like that?

It kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of the entire game. Why bother smithing a trillion daggers (which is extremely boring) and then run around as a godly damage sponge in daedric armor from the beginning of the game?

Why break the leveling system when you could do it by just playing through this amazing game?

To each his own I guess.

Archived