The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Red Bulls come to town and Henry is injured, LA comes to town and Beckham's suspended... we have terrible luck even outside of our results in this first season :lol:

That said, great game last night. But we ALMOST blew it in the final few minutes again, so I guess we'll be half satisfied with the tie.

You click the same amount of times to get into this sub-forum as you would Off Topic, no?

Yes, if you are coming directly to it. But if you are already in off-topic you have to back out of it. Now that soccer talk is in here it gets frequented less by the bigger supporters on these boards and it is more diluted due to there being multiple threads instead of one general one.

It was WAY better when it was in OFF TOPIC as a single thread. It just needed to be renamed from European Football to Soccer in general, because it really was used for all leagues. It was 500 and some odd pages, so it didn't die off when the EPL was in off-season. The general discussion and knowledge in that thread was definitely better than all of these random ones with 2 pages of posts in each.

Edited by LeafsBlowPouch

Hassli named to the MLS all-star team, but as an inactive player. So he will likely not play but still good to see one of our players recognized.

Good for Eric. I still think Rochat has been the 'Caps' best player though....

This is true.

From The Province:

Personally, even as a moderate fan of the game, I can see that Beckham is past his prime. I guess he is still a great set-up man though. And Good enough for Tottenham to want him on loan for 6 weeks... My point is that I think Caps fans would be happier seeing a win than seeing Beckham. It is unfortunate for management though, what with all the marketing and ticket sales surrounding Beckhams playing in the game.

I strongly disagree. Maybe you're right in saying that Caps fans would be happy, but these guys would definitely have the average person coming out to watch.

This is true.

From The Province:

My point is that I think Caps fans would be happier seeing a win than seeing Beckham. It is unfortunate for management though, what with all the marketing and ticket sales surrounding Beckhams playing in the game.

I disagree because the Whitecaps season is pretty much done and was a wreck, but getting to see Beckham play would have been awesome. Now this whole season with the Whitecaps pretty much sucks along with every single pro sports team in Vancouver!

I disagree because the Whitecaps season is pretty much done and was a wreck, but getting to see Beckham play would have been awesome. Now this whole season with the Whitecaps pretty much sucks along with every single pro sports team in Vancouver!

It's kind of ironic that you call yourself Canucksbiggestfan and then say something like that....

2/3 of Vancouver's pro teams "suck" right now, but one of them plays in a league with so few teams that you're not out of it until after Labour Day.

I don't actually mean the teams suck, what I meant to say was that the seasons sucked. The Canucks sucked only in the finals (not the whole season), the BC Lions season sucks right now but I believe they have enough talent to start winning games, and the Whitecaps season sucks because they also are good enough to win more games than they have.

Not only do we not get to see Beckham, but apparently Donovan is injured also! This sucks, I wanted to see Becham play and why couldn't any other team like Manchester United or Real Madrid come here and play against the Whitecaps?

Do you not realize that the European giants like Real Madrid, Manchester United and Barcelona probably won't play a venue as small as Empire. In fact, Empire is the 3rd smallest facility being used during the Herbalife World Challenge going on, ahead of only BMO Field (Juventus vs Sporting Club) and the Home Depot Center (Man City vs LA Galaxy). Coincidence? I'm gonna go with no.

As for seeing the European giants in Vancouver, I'd say 2012 or 2013.

WERE BLUE WERE WHITE WERE F!&*@ING DYNAMITE VANCOUVER VANCOUVER!!

WHITE CAPS!!!

I didn't know our field was one of the smallest, but I hope they come next year when we play in BC Place that would be awesome.

I don't know how many major European teams TFC has hosted at BMO Field, but I suspect, with the Jays and Argos as the main occupants of Rogers Center, dates are hard to come by.