The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

With the international transfer window opening up later this week, I'm hoping they can bring in some high-end talent at midfield. With Chumiento out, the lack of decent service in to Hassli and Camilo is what's killing them right now.

VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Whitecaps have signed Gambian international striker Mustapha Jarju as the club's second designated player.The 24-year-old joins the Major League Soccer team from RAEC Mons in BelgiumWhitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi calls the Jarju "a proven goal-scorer at the club level in Europe."During his three years with RAEC Mons, the six-foot, 160-pounder scored 43 goals in 118 appearances.Jaju reportedly had been at a contract impasse with the Belgian side.He joins French striker Eric Hassli as the Whitecaps' second designated player.

Mustapha Jarju:

"I am very happy to begin the next stage of my career with Vancouver Whitecaps FC and play in a one of the rising leagues in the world in MLS," added Jarju in a release. "I had many options throughout Europe and the Middle East but Whitecaps FC made me feel very welcome and the city is beautiful. Recently, I have watched several matches and believe the club is ready to push for the playoffs."

Hah. What games were they watching? Hopefully Jarju helps out a bit, it would be nice to see the team put a little win streak together.  

giphy.gif    

Edited by Green Building

How come there hasn't really been any "hype" about beckham coming to town?

There hasn't been any hype around anything involving the Whitecaps. I've converted so many non-soccer fans into Whitecaps fans easily. The Caps need to get their name out there some more. TV ads, etc.