The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Captain Bob

This just all seems to... fake. No, fake isn't even the right word for what's going on in the States right now.

2 weeks ago, Obama released his birth certificate. Why after so long?

The past few days we hear randomly about the killing of Osama.

Then we hear that the body was thrown and buried into the sea.

And now they are debating weather or not to release autopsy picutres. Common now? Yet we were fully able to see the hanging of Sadam Hussein(sp*)

To be fair all evidence points otherwise.

1. Since when didn't they?

2. WTF is wrong with you. You're alternative is to parade around a dead body? FFS.

3. Why not show a long form birth certificate as well.

4. Your strongest argument is a "could have".

You nuts are funny. Nothing is ever good enough it always has to be some sort of screw job. He's dead, they killed him, get over it.

Except Thomas Mulcair is not rookie MP. He is a veteran politician.

He was the Quebec Liberal Member of the National Assembly of Quebec for the riding of Chomedey in Laval from 1994 to 2007. He served as the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks from 2003 until 2006. Elected MP for Outremont in a by-election in 2007, he was named Deputy Leader of the New Democratic Party, jointly with Libby Davies.

Again, you resort to childish behavior. The last refuge of the ignorant and immature.:picard: All I can say to you, as obviously

we will never agree about anything out side of the Canucks, is take a real good

look at the world around you. You have a computer, and obviously know how to use judging by your post count. So how

about you research my claims. I did or I would never have posted them here. I used multiple search engines, took a census

on the comments sections of most of the major news outlets in the civilized world and found out that over 67% of all

respondents believed that Obama's Announcements were suspicious to a degree. It took me a day and a half to come

to the conclusions I posted. You on the other hand responded to my post in 15 minutes. Why don't you research your posted rebuttal to me and come back with some real facts to back up your claims of" whatever Obama says must be true".

Because that is all your rebuttal amounts to. Until then I respectfully suggest you stop posting.

Obama should heed his own pledge.

Transparency and Open Government

Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies

SUBJECT: Transparency and Open Government

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should also solicit public feedback to identify information of greatest use to the public.

BARACK OBAMA

Answer #1

Obama =/= Bush

Answer #2

They took the body and buried it at sea within 24 hours, as per islamic religious burial traditions/rituals.....in the meantime, from capture to burial, ....they conducted their DNA tests and took photos.

It was him....he is dead...get over it.

I don't think the USA had much say in the Hussein video. If memory serves, it was taked by an Iraqi on a camera phone. The Iraqi's were mostly in charge of his execution, and it didn't take place in a chaotic/gory gunfight.

They had his body...it was dumped off a US ship. All you need for a DNA test is a swab from inside his mouth, or any small piece of him.

From Jason Burke one of the leading experts on bin Laden and AQ:

The 10 Key Myths of OBL

Jason Burke

guardian.co.uk, Tue 3 May BST

1. Osama bin Laden was 'created' by the CIA

He did not receive any direct funding or training from the US during the 1980s. Nor did his followers. The Afghan mujahideen, via Pakistan's ISI intelligence agency, received large amounts of both. Some bled to the Arabs fighting the Soviets but nothing significant.

2. He had a huge personal fortune

Bin Laden was forced to leave any cash he had when he in effect fled Saudi Arabia in 1991 for Pakistan and then Sudan. His family cut him off. Nor would the inheritance from his hugely wealthy father have been divided into equal parts anyway. What Bin Laden did have was contacts, which allowed him to raise money with ease.

3. He was responsible for 1993 bombing of World Trade Centre

Ramzi Yousef, who was the main perpetrator of the attack, was probably working for Khaled Sheikh Mohammed who was an independent operator at the time. Mohammed only started working with al-Qaida in 1996 and even then kept his distance from Bin Laden.

4. He got money from drug running

No evidence for this whatsoever despite repeated claims – such as in the post 9/11 British government dossier on al-Qaida.

5. He never exposed himself to any danger

He did not single-handedly seize a short-barrelled AK-47 from a dying Soviet general as he sometimes claimed but numerous witnesses report that he was in the thick of fighting in Jaji in 1987 and again at the battle of Jalalabad in 1989.

6. He spent a lot of time in caves

In the late 1990s, for propaganda purposes, Bin Laden invited select journalists to meet him in caves near Tora Bora in eastern Afghanistan. However he lived in a much more comfortable compound a short drive away, near the former Soviet collective farm of Hadda owned by a local warlord. By 1999 he had moved to a complex of houses near Kandahar. When he was killed, he was living in a relatively comfortable detached house in Abbottabad, Pakistan. In between, there is no evidence that he spent any time living in caves. The rest of al-Qaida's senior militants appear to have lived in the semi-fortified houses that are common in the tribal zones.

7.He was a tearaway teenager who partied in Beirut before becoming religious.

There is no evidence for this either. Bin Laden appears to have been an intense, shy and pious youth who married young and spent an inordinate amount of time studying scripture.

8. He was near to dying of a kidney disease.

There are some reports – not least in the Guantánamo files – of renal problems but certainly not serious enough to kill him. It is more likely he had back problems caused by his height (around 6ft 5in) and relatively sedentary lifestyle.

9. He hid in Kashmir, was the leader of Chechen groups, was responsible for violence in the Philippines and in Indonesia, organised the Madrid 2004 attack and had an extensive network in Paraguay, sub-Saharan Africa and South Africa.

All these claims, made by various governments or intelligence services over the last decade have proved totally without foundation.

10. Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan

Despite fans reportedly chanting "Osama, woah-woah, Osama, woah-waoh, he's hiding in Kabul, he loves the Arsenal", Bin Laden was not a faithful of the north London club.

I wonder if he's not really still alive, and a "guest" of the CIA?

Between what he would know and the documents and files that were appearantly captured, Al Quaeda, the real Al Quaeda not the various copycat organizations, would be gutted.

As is, it sounds like all the intel gained already are like the jihadi equivalent of wikileaks.

I wonder if he's not really still alive, and a "guest" of the CIA?

Between what he would know and the documents and files that were appearantly captured, Al Quaeda, the real Al Quaeda not the various copycat organizations, would be gutted.

As is, it sounds like all the intel gained already are like the jihadi equivalent of wikileaks.

There are claims out there that Bin Laden has been dead for seven years. Until I see irrefutable pictures of him being dead that claim may have as much merit as him being shot by the Navy Seals. Why did they shoot him in the head? Where is the wife that was killed, no wait a minute she was only shot in the leg yet they shoot her unarmed husband in the head twice. Give me a break!

For how many years do you suspect he may have been dead?

There are claims out there that Bin Laden has been dead for seven years. Until I see irrefutable pictures of him being dead that claim may have as much merit as him being shot by the Navy Seals. Why did they shoot him in the head? Where is the wife that was killed, no wait a minute she was only shot in the leg yet they shoot her unarmed husband in the head twice. Give me a break!

SEALs and most other CQB oriented special forces do typically shoot for the head, these guys are FAR better shooters than your typical soldier or cop and so its not a problem for them to default to that instead of shooting center-of-mass like regular forces.

Archived