The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Is it not? Oh, ok then

Sore losers. Arrogant United fans. Nothing new.

Man Utd and Man City each had great seasons but you can't put the blame on 10 men QPR. They did not give up, they put up a great effort, but in the end City prevailed, and United was heartbroken.

Better luck next year.

Man Utd and Man City each had great seasons but you can't put the blame on 10 men QPR. They did not give up, they put up a great effort, but in the end City prevailed, and United was heartbroken.

Better luck next year.

As I have already said over and over, City have been the best team all season and deserve the title. We will be back, we have dealt with Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Blackburn and Chelsea and we will deal with that lot too. Its going to be a lot of fun

Not sure how that can be labelled arrogant and sore loser? My original post was a heat of the moment rant but if you look at the actual timing, it is spooky

Anybody else excited for the Euro?

For my bud S7C: That game in November or so was a disgrace by the refs that screwed Scotland out but as a neutral fan going in at this point, who's your team you're going to cheer for? Any team you're rooting against?

Everybody else feel free to chime in too.

I'll be cheering for Holland as usual. But wow, tough group.....

Well, as a Spurs fan, now I'm really hoping for Bayern to knock off Chelsea....

I cheer for anybody against Chelsea, even wanted Liverpool to win the FA Cup against them. Spurs deserve Champions League football next season, really hope yous get in

I cheer for anybody against Chelsea, even wanted Liverpool to win the FA Cup against them. Spurs deserve Champions League football next season, really hope yous get in

Me too, but if we don't we can't blame anyone else. Sub-par performances in May against Bolton and Villa won't get it done....

Better luck next year.

As a ManU fan, I'm not saying qpr stopped trying, but it sure as hell seemed like it...city had like 50 crosses in the last 10 minutes of the game and qpr started playing all defensive for some reason...look at the gwg, no one even bothered to pressure em, but anyways, well deserved win for city :)

As a ManU fan, I'm not saying qpr stopped trying, but it sure as hell seemed like it...city had like 50 crosses in the last 10 minutes of the game and qpr started playing all defensive for some reason...look at the gwg, no one even bothered to pressure em, but anyways, well deserved win for city :)

Perhaps it was because they only had 10 men?

Perhaps it was because they only had 10 men?

Not only that, QPR only needed a draw to secure their spot in the premier league next season, so it would be foolish for them to attack when they already have a 2-1 lead and only 10 men

Edited by thegodcreation

Not only that, QPR only needed a draw to secure their spot in the premier league next season, so it would be foolish for them to attack when they already have a 2-1 lead and only 10 men

Wrong! With Bolton only drawing at Stoke, QPR were safe regardless of their result and I dont care what anyone says, as soon as the final whistle went at Stoke (with QPR still winning 2-1), the QPR players just collapsed back to the edge of their own box. Before anyone else gets excited, I am not blaming them, its not arrogance, its not sour grapes, its nothing else other than what I seen.

Moving on, I would like to thank Carlos Tevez for providing SAF's motivation for the coming season. This "man" is a disgrace to his club, how he can stand there and celebrate with the rest of the team after his behaviour this season is beyond me. Hes only still there because no other club would touch him with a barge pole. Players like Yaya, Kompany and Hart they must be sick of this wan ker

Edited by topbananas

Just seen the England squad. Finally, as a Scot, something to look forward to in Euro 2012

Its the best England squad since Euro 96 in my book. Hodgson has some guts for picking Ruddy and Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'd have opted for Carson & Lennon myself.

Looking forward to seeing who my Baggies get to replace Roy. Am hoping for Chris Powell but would be happy with Chris Hughton.

Its the best England squad since Euro 96 in my book. Hodgson has some guts for picking Ruddy and Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'd have opted for Carson & Lennon myself.

Looking forward to seeing who my Baggies get to replace Roy. Am hoping for Chris Powell but would be happy with Chris Hughton.

Thats a bold shout for Chris Powell, hadnt thought of him. He has done a great job at Charlton but thats a huge job from league 1 to the Premier League.

Have to disagree with you re England, I think they will really struggle in midfield and honestly dont see a lot of goals in that squad, I would have taken Crouch and Bent. I would have taken Lennon too

Well, the England squad is awful. It's going to be an enjoyable couple of weeks up here.

Hodgson on Oxlade Chamberlain: “He is a very exciting player who has made an impression on me, not least in his performance against AC Milan at the Emirates,” Hodgson said.

“I was there live and saw how well he dealt with Pirlo and Ambrosini. He can play wide or central and for future and can continue as he started.”

Funny seeing as Pirlo plays for Juventus and Ambrosini wasn't even playing.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck