The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

How'd you feel about Sam Johnstone. He looked amazing to me. Could be a good premier league keeper in a few years.

He was the biggest fricken surprise. Man he looked like DDG out there. Bailed out the team many times and was clutch af. Never knew he had that level to his game. Very promising.

He was the biggest fricken surprise. Man he looked like DDG out there. Bailed out the team many times and was clutch af. Never knew he had that level to his game. Very promising.

What might not have been promising is having to get bailed out against Club America ;).

What might not have been promising is having to get bailed out against Club America ;).

True lol but hey, it is their first game and they'll take time all gel.

And also want to say I was really impressed with the play of Darmian. Solid defensively and got up the field quite a bit and did so swiftly...good in the air as well. EPL teams won't have much fun launching long balls to that side of the field if his play yesterday is indicative of his future play.

@ManUtd:

Boss confirms Javier Hernandez will rejoin squad on 25 July. "He can prove himself again. His chances are better now." #MUtour

Best thing that could've happened for our ST situation. Not in dire need of a quality starter atm and also not good to not sign anyone at all leaving us scarce upfront. Chicharito will pretty much get the RM treatment again here but it's a good cushion to have incase something happens. Know what he brings to the table and he says he sees a role for himself this season so he should sign. Next year though let him go and sign that stud ST. Might not have many go to scoring options but our team will revolve around our mid and they'll have to carry the team.

Pereira is a fracken stud. I personally think he's a lot better than Januzaj and will surpass his soon. Quality quality talent, just something special about him. Hope he doesn't go out on loan. Want him to train with the top players here and get a few games here and there rather elsewhere. He's such a creative player and from past performances he also doesn't give a crap about opponents trying to bully him / strong mentally. Along with his first touch and agility, can't wait to see how he turns out!

Edit: Schweinz was fricken awesome as well. Super calm on the ball when under pressure and it's so relieving to see. Will add a ton of stability. Oozes class. Way he creates space, buys time, and slows things down while opening things up is just incredible. Just a bit concerned about his fitness and hope he can polish that up. And like always, defensively never out of position. Class.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Wish I could have seen the match, wasn't on here. I'm curious to see how they do with the rest of the pre-season. LFC has been playing well with a few of the starters to join when they get back to Europe.

It's hard to rate how they're doing against such inferior competition though.

Yep lol. If you wanna play that game I'd also love to say we've got Ramos/Otamendi and Lacazette/Reus/Muller coming out way ::D

Difference is only otamendi is likely. Ramos is now Real's captain, and there has been 0 smoke of lacazette.

Mourinho confirmed we will be upping our bid for stones. Pedro will be making his decision after Barcelona elections - which were today (between staying at barca, or going to chelsea/liverpool/united) and abramovich going to get witsel has been rumored for a week.

Wish I could have seen the match, wasn't on here. I'm curious to see how they do with the rest of the pre-season. LFC has been playing well with a few of the starters to join when they get back to Europe.

It's hard to rate how they're doing against such inferior competition though.

Yea true. You just have to hope guys just don't slack off for the most part. And here, quick Google search and there's a highlight package :]

http://youtu.be/dxoT-62renA

I think the full game is on youtube as well if you really want to see it lol

Difference is only otamendi is likely. Ramos is now Real's captain, and there has been 0 smoke of lacazette.

Mourinho confirmed we will be upping our bid for stones. Pedro will be making his decision after Barcelona elections - which were today (between staying at barca, or going to chelsea/liverpool/united) and abramovich going to get witsel has been rumored for a week.

Yea but I'm just saying to make a point. And RVP was named Arsenal's captain too before he left soon after. Doesn't really matter imo.

Something Utd can give also and change of he could enjoy out of RM. Captains band ≠ nmc :lol:

Florentino will not sell Sergio Ramos.

When was the last time Perez gave up a Galactico before there was a replacement in the club?

As a United fan, I don't want Otamendi and Ranks is a pipe dream. A player like Laporte could be a better buy: more potential, left footed(LvG preference), and cheaper. Otamendi looks like a one hit wonder and a player that isn't worth 50 million.

I'm partial on Di Maria tbh. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but if United can recoup all the money they spent on him it would be good business. We have no use for him right now as we have depth in midfield and can use the money next year on Bale if Reus moves on to Real. Caboose is right about the Galacticos though. Only way Bale moves is if he is pushed out by Hazard or Reus, the latter more likely.