The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Leicester actually being able to hold on to the title and win vastly changes the landscape of the Premier League imo as it has been shown that chemistry and form and be superior to world class players and money.

Depending on how the summer goes I doubt they finish top end of the table next year, but whos to say an unexpecting side wont make a run for the title?
Ah I love football, truly unpredictable

On 3 May 2016 at 11:54 AM, Jim Tonic said:

The cinderella story of Leicester City makes me think about Greece winning the European Championship back in 2004.

Definitely two of the greatest sports fairytales in modern history.

Think Denmarks win in the Euros 1992, was up there as well, if not bigger. Players were on summer holidays around the beaches of Europe, when they got the call as a late substitute... 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Think Denmarks win in the Euros 1992, was up there as well, if not bigger. Players were on summer holidays around the beaches of Europe, when they got the call as a late substitute... 

Kaiserslautern 1998. Won the league as a promoted team.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Bob it won't be easy, but honestly not too worried about Liverpool just now. Much more concern about the direction Utd is going at the moment. Just love to poke the bear. :P

Since we've had to stop the calendar counting the years without a trophy for City, it's the only thing left...

Leicester win the league, inspire a generation of kids.

Spurs 2nd, look like contenders for years.

Arsenal 3rd, tide turns against Wenger.

City 4th and CL semi final.

United 5th and potentially Mourinho.

Liverpool get Klopp, Europa League final and potentially CL football.

Chelsea 9th, behind West Ham and Southampton.

Best season ever, or what?

On 4.5.2016 at 11:06 PM, spook007 said:

I agree, this is an other great story. When Greece won it though, it was just the second time in history after 1980 they reached the group stage of this tournament.

However, both fantastic underdog stories.

Man, I love sports!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lateralus91 said:

Gündogan out for season & Euro. Dislocated kneecap. Curios to know if Man City still wants him now.

I can see City still going after him since the recovery period is scheduled to be 3 months. Maybe they hope they can get him cheaper.

Although he seems to be a little bit injury prone.