The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

So, Germany won the Confed Cup with basically the Under 21-team and the Under 21-Euros with the second U21 team. The depth is quite alright. :lol:

*cough* still can't beat the Azzurri *cough*

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Heard from a friend of mine in a fantasy league that Rooney was not part of the squad heading for the preseason tour. Just didn't work out at the end and a change of scenery could do wonders for him. Wish him all the best if true

think he's on the way to Everton

Anyone have any guesses what Everton will do with their attack going forward? Would or could they actually rely on Rooney week in, week out? Or will they use their Lukaku money to bring in a new striker -- and if so, what Lukaku-tier talent would go to Everton? So many outlets linking Giroud, but is anyone convinced by him?

(edit: I wonder if Arsenal would be willing to part with Welbeck at this point?)

Also, the Chelsea subreddit right now is a bit tense. Some supporters extremely frustrated with management. Can't really blame them with how the Costa/Lukaku thing went down, but I can just as easily see them splashing out a big fee on Belotti 

Edited by GLASSJAW

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

Anyone have any guesses what Everton will do with their attack going forward? Would or could they actually rely on Rooney week in, week out? Or will they use their Lukaku money to bring in a new striker -- and if so, what Lukaku-tier talent would go to Everton? So many outlets linking Giroud, but is anyone convinced by him?

(edit: I wonder if Arsenal would be willing to part with Welbeck at this point?)

Also, the Chelsea subreddit right now is a bit tense. Some supporters extremely frustrated with management. Can't really blame them with how the Costa/Lukaku thing went down, but I can just as easily see them splashing out a big fee on Belotti 

I think everton spend 15ish million on some some league striker no one knows of and turns out to be good with rooney playing 25-30epl games

giround would be ok i guess. welbeck probably stays imo, he was one of their better players last year also why leave a team in europa  league that won't even get in to europa for the foreseeable future.

chelsea fans are really pissed rightfully so. they haven't made a huge signing yet and if matic does leaves then they just got worst. all the teams around got better and conte style is now known in england so he won't have the same amount of success especially  with ucl. they could easily get 3rd or 4th and win a fa cup and their fans won't accept that.