The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

De Maria.... If he were to leave it could be either Utd doesn't feel he brings enough and has sufficient cover or he, as Rocket says, shows a lack of ambition/ heart... No direspect to PSG but if a player signs for £59 mill he doesn't leave within 12 months unless something is severely wrong.

But if he leaves I won't be mad or angry, just disappointed at him.

He's obviously a bit weak mentally and is willing to take the easy route out rather than stay and prove himself in England. I mean if he wants to go to a nothing league and tear it up that's fair but just sad to see him quit here. He's a world class player when his mind is set to it and would be a shame to see him leave and not even try to get things right here.

And also I just don't think he likes the epl. It's far too physical of a league for him and compared to France it'll be a walk in the park for him there. That plus he doesn't really have a spot on the roster for himself atm. Won't mind him leaving but clear sign of lack of ambition. We'll get majority of his money back and doesn't really hurt us. Just gives us more to sign others lol.

I watched Ligue 1 for a very long time, and I'd say it's one of the most physical leagues in Europe. very large, very fast players - lots of tackling. Only behind England, I think.

young winger who played on monaco last ssn, was very strong first half of the season, not as good second half

high potential

Thanks! He said Courtois told him to sign with us. Looks like we'll have a shot at the UCL again :_)

Edited by CanucksMadrid

World Cup 2018 qualifying groups for Europe:

CKxms7eXAAAa1Pj.png

No superpowers in Ireland's group so I have hope. Also Greece looks screwed which is always a plus.

My 2 teams look good to go through(Italy, Denmark)

So pumped to see Italy and Spain.

Great test ahead of WC

Yeah, City with a couple of players could be there, but they would still need consistency. That's what I love about Chelsea, they are built from the bottom and you expect their D to be good every day. And then offensively they have a lot of players who can get it done with out playing great.

adm what a fracken circus smh

@JamieJackson___:

Di Maria and Rojo did not make plane to San Jose, LvG says... He doesn't know why on ADM. Says Rojo had passport issue

@DuckerTheTimes:

Regardless of whether a move to PSG is imminent, if your employer tells you to get on a plane you get on a plane. Abysmal not to do #

#mufc

@DuckerTheTimes:

Sorry, the 'not leaving your buddy behind' argument does not wash here. Rojo had passport issues, Di Maria was under strict orders to fly

Massive cnut. Glad to sell him and regain majority of his cost but what an ugly ending this is turning out to be. This guy is so weak and has showcased such lack of determination. He'll do well in psg in that weak league and the cl but man is this guy ever a pussy to be completely honest. Such a flop and this is really the only way to describe it.

• Upvote 1