The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Injury Thread

jonnycanuck46

I'm sorry but this is the NHL. To play in the NHL, you need skill AND toughness. Just because the Sedins lack toughness, it doesn't make gillis responsible for them and should build a team of mammoths to protect our precious Sedins.

Hockey is hockey, if the Sedins choose not to be physical, they will have to deal with unjustified cheapshots like we saw last night.

EDIT: So don't make accusations at Gillis, this relies on the responsibility of the Sedins.

Cannot believe that keith came out of that game unscratched..somebody needs to catch the hawks in the standings and make them drop to 7th place so they can have some ass whopping by the canucks especially keith.

A guy like Weise should have done something to Keith just to send a message. He can be replace by bitz if he gets suspended; at least stand up for your star players especially when its a really dirty hit by the opposing team.

In the spirit of whatever it is you're saying, I'd guess you'd gladly take the blame if someone walked up behind you and cracked open your skull with a 2 by 4? Or maybe it's that motorcyclist at fault when a drunk driver blindsides him at an intersection pi$$ed out of their skull? :picard:

No bloody way does such logic fly. You did see the hit we're all talking about right? I can't even see where you'd gather that series of thoughts into any logical sense. Be it the Sedins, Crosby, Kesler, hell even Duncan Keith and Toews... no player in a professional sports league should have to expect spurious, malicious hits that are intentionally injurious, meant to potentially end careers - whether they're Uber tough guys or scoring forwards. I guess it's too much too expect the NHL players to play hockey now, without a sniper team covering their six. Apparently the Sedins now have to be accomplished MMA fighters, psychics, and frikin Ninjas along with being the leagues top point getters.

These guys are pros, exactly, and in a professional venue, a hit like that one, a hit with obvious malicious retaliatory intent, should not... can not be tolerated at all, full stop. Give hits like this a frikin year + suspension IMO. Fines upwards of 1,000,000.00. And believe it or not, I'd say the same thing if it were Burrows or Kassian throwing such a cheap shot. The posters above us are right, 5 games off is just a mini - vacation for that a$$hat Keith when he should be taken out back somewhere and kneecapped.

Blame the Sedins for thinking that by picking up hockey sticks they actually expect a hockey game to happen, not a friking Navy Seal ambush? Give me a break. What the hell should Daniel take responsibility for again? Because he happened to check a whiny, dirty bastard - who consequently got an 'ouchy' and his ego hurt - Daniel's supposed to assume responsibility for an attempt to end his career and permanently damage a multi million dollar sports team?

Yeah, as was said before, I respectfully disagree.

I'm sorry but this is the NHL. To play in the NHL, you need skill AND toughness. Just because the Sedins lack toughness, it doesn't make gillis responsible for them and should build a team of mammoths to protect our precious Sedins.

Hockey is hockey, if the Sedins choose not to be physical, they will have to deal with unjustified cheapshots like we saw last night.

EDIT: So don't make accusations at Gillis, this relies on the responsibility of the Sedins.

In the spirit of whatever it is you're saying, I'd guess you'd gladly take the blame if someone walked up behind you and cracked open your skull with a 2 by 4? Or maybe it's that motorcyclist at fault when a drunk driver blindsides him at an intersection pi$$ed out of their skull? :picard:

No bloody way does such logic fly. You did see the hit we're all talking about right? I can't even see where you'd gather that series of thoughts into any logical sense. Be it the Sedins, Crosby, Kesler, hell even Duncan Keith and Toews... no player in a professional sports league should have to expect spurious, malicious hits that are intentionally injurious, meant to potentially end careers - whether they're Uber tough guys or scoring forwards. I guess it's too much too expect the NHL players to play hockey now, without a sniper team covering their six. Apparently the Sedins now have to be accomplished MMA fighters, psychics, and frikin Ninjas along with being the leagues top point getters.

These guys are pros, exactly, and in a professional venue, a hit like that one, a hit with obvious malicious retaliatory intent, should not... can not be tolerated at all, full stop. Give hits like this a frikin year + suspension IMO. Fines upwards of 1,000,000.00. And believe it or not, I'd say the same thing if it were Burrows or Kassian throwing such a cheap shot. The posters above us are right, 5 games off is just a mini - vacation for that a$$hat Keith when he should be taken out back somewhere and kneecapped.

Blame the Sedins for thinking that by picking up hockey sticks they actually expect a hockey game to happen, not a friking Navy Seal ambush? Give me a break. What the hell should Daniel take responsibility for again? Because he happened to check a whiny, dirty bastard - who consequently got an 'ouchy' and his ego hurt - Daniel's supposed to assume responsibility for an attempt to end his career and permanently damage a multi million dollar sports team?

Yeah, as was said before, I respectfully disagree.

Time to come together and play for each other. Could very well be a broken jaw and be out 4-6 weeks. That's rolling into the first week of may. In the midst of a second round rematch with the Hawks. If I'm Dale Weisse, I would have fed him a solid right hand last night. I would have taken the suspension and asked Hank to pay my loss wages.

I respectfully disagree.

Hockey does not change because you think it might or should.

If the .org and certain fans have not figured out that the Sedins could use some help it is way too late and they will remain targets.

Apparently,blaming the Sedins and leaving them unprotected in a league of violence seems to be the favored option.

Not having Daniel Changes the entire aspect of this team

Hopefully it will light a fire under hank, like back in 2009-2010.. when he won the Art Ross

Booth- Kesler - Higgins

Raymod - H.Sedin - Burrows

Manny - Pahlsson - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Salo

Edler - Bieksa

Grags - Tanev <---- grags needs to get in 7 of our last 9 games to aviod being a Group 6 UFA

Luongo <---- after last night, he has to be in net...

Keep some class People.. Do you really want that, hanging over this team again !!

I thought the team, banded together in the second period last night,.. hitting keith every chance they got.

Starting a scrum after every whistle..

Even though they didnt drop the gloves, like most of us wanted at the time... I think the hawks got the message...

Just take a hard Look at the third period..We Owned that period, and deserved a better faith..

Hawks can thank Crawfords skate..

I hope Daniel will be back, and back soon..

but perhaps, this was the moment.. this team FINALLY hardens.. and flipped the switch..

we will find out tonight

Archived