The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Injury Thread

jonnycanuck46

Keith on D. Sedin: "At the last second he moves forward and I don’t know where the puck is. It’s fast. Like I said, I hope he’s OK."

Retweeted by Farhan Lalji

Keith on D. Sedin: "I’m not trying to hurt anybody. I hope he’s OK. He’s one of their best players; he needs to be on the ice." #Blackhawks

Retweeted by Farhan Lalji

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

#canucks Henrik Sedin says D. Keith said something to the effect of "I'm going to get you" to Daniel after Daniel's 1st period hit on Keith

Just some tweets I thought I'd share. I'm interested in the last one by Dan Murphy. If Keith really did say that, then wouldn't that be more of a case towards it being intent to injure?

In my opinion, it does nt matter how bad the injury is is unimportant, my concern is why Keith was still standing after all was said and done. Sometimes one has to ignore a rule or two and do whats necessary. Until someone makes the point, teams are gonna keep taking liberties with our top players.

Canucks did not do near enough to extract revenge. Proper procedure is to throw the puck in his corner for the rest of the game and run hell out of him. That way, they lose Keith and we lose Weisse - seems fair to me. The next time Keith won't even think about running Danny - he'll just have visions of slashes, cross-checks, hits from behind and attempted lobotomies.

Oh well, better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

A fractured jaw would not be good at all.

The healing time can be 5 weeks with your jaw wired shut. That means you can only eat soft food through a straw.

Pray that it's not a fractured jaw, and just some soreness.

Archived