The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

Quote from Jonathon Toews

"Unfortunately Duncs may have gone a little overboard there. It's a tough suspension, we all feel for him, but it is what it is and it happens."

At least he realized his teammates error, but thats an understatement.

The way Shanny described the hit in the video...it is a fair suspension (try listening to him but not watching and forgetting what it looked like). However, if you incorporate the things he missed, 5 games is not enough.

He completely failed to mention:

-pre-meditation

-targeting the head as the principle point of contact

-neglecting to play the puck

Considering those points I think it should have been 7+ games.

lets think about this from a NHL fan perspective. We are all wanting him to be out for 5-10+ games. But if you look at it from a different view. For example if Kassain or Lapierre did this elbow then every on here would say 2-3 games at most. I think the 5 game suspension is pretty fair, and imo i was expecting a little less.

Lets just get over what people have said and did, and hopefully Danny will take it easy for a little while and be back wanting revenge (in an explosive offensive form) in the playoffs.

PS. Imagine meeting the hawks in the west finals and Danny deking out Keith for the game winner.....I can dream cant i haha

The way Shanny described the hit in the video...it is a fair suspension (try listening to him but not watching and forgetting what it looked like). However, if you incorporate the things he missed, 5 games is not enough.

He completely failed to mention:

-pre-meditation

-targeting the head as the principle point of contact

-neglecting to play the puck

Considering those points I think it should have been 7+ games.

Dave Tomlinson is probably the worst thing to happen to the Team 1040 in the last decade. Completely retarded opinions aside, he's rude to almost every caller and DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ARTICULATE IN ENGLISH.

"In the next hour we'll be cov.... ering the phoneboards and taki.... ng comments about the recent Dunca... n Keith hit"

"Tomorrow the Canucks...

................................................................play Colorado. Tune in for the game!"

What the hell, how did he get a certificate in broadcasting.

As much as Duncan Keith got off the hook somewhat with a 5 game suspension,if he has any conscience at all,I'm sure he's not feeling too good about it.

He should know,more than anybody,how dangerous concussions are,..(their best player,Toews,has had several).Too bad,..it puts a stain on Keith's otherwise outstanding career.

Quote from Jonathon Toews

"Unfortunately Duncs may have gone a little overboard there. It's a tough suspension, we all feel for him, but it is what it is and it happens."

At least he realized his teammates error, but thats an understatement.

Archived