The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

Anyone that cares what other fans or some hired "hack" like Bobby Mac thinks are just reveling in their own insecurities .. when is the last time any of these so called "experts" shelled out a day or two's pay for a ticket, only to see some overpaid twaddle give it half an effort ?? .. none of these "experts" pays to see the games .. if you pay for a ticket, cheer or boo as you will .. anyone who comes on here and spouts off about fans actions at the games should be a paying customer .. THEN, and only then, does it matter, and if you are a paying customer, cheer when the others are booing .. we still are a democracy I think??

you wanna know whats going to happen all you idiots, Your going to ruin the reputation of the city when you do crap like that. What free agent or player would ever want to come here with the way you guys treat the players. Just wait till luongo leaves, and he will request a trade this offseason regardless of whether they go all the way or not. Scheider will come in and will have a ew bad games, and it will be over for him too. then you'll all be wondering where luongo has gone.

It makes me and alot of older hockey fans so mad we have waiting longer then some of you have been alive to have a team like the one we have, and u are ruining it with your clownish acts.

So ridiculous to hear Canuck fans beat up on themselves, and worse to hear sports pundits lie about us on air.

Anyone can go back and listen to the game when that happened, starting at 6.00 until about 6.55, (with thanks to MAKAVELI)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlR_BbrHjk&feature=g-all-u&context=G261a6dcFAAAAAAAAAAA

1. There was no booing. Or if there was it was a very minimal and was mostly a shocked murmur. This is not something unusual when a 4th goal goes in not long after the 3rd in ANY building. Think about it...the only reason a crowd would boo about a goalie being changed was if they did NOT agree with the decision.

2. When they saw Cory starting to get ready to go in, they started cheering. What is a fan supposed to do? Here are their choices:

a. Sit in complete silence

b. Boo relentlessly as Cory skates to the ice

c. Cheer about the change

3. A am livid about Bob McKenzie's tirade. And other sportscasters who also repeated the lie about fans BOOING Luongo off the ice, as if it really happened. News Flash; Its AV that makes that move regardless of what the fans want him to do. One of the TSN reporters even confronted Schneider and asked him his opinion about the terrible way the fans treated Luongo. WTF? Trying to stir up even more division and distraction.

So stop it. Stop always looking at it as a glass half empty instead of half full! I am tired of you negative nellies always down on us real Canuck fans trying to further spread the absurd notion that "Canuck fans are the worst in the League" and in this instance, that we BOOED our 1a goaltender off the ice. You want to hear imaginary boos just to support your half empty glass outlook, how terrible everything is in Canuck land and how we are so completely different than any other NHL team fans who would NEVER cheer for a goalie coming in so as to not be impolite to the goalie leaving the ice..........PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

I hardly ever use all caps but this case is warranted:

PLEASE JUST STOP MAKING UP STUFF JUST TO BE ABLE TO WHINE ABOUT THE FANS AND MAKE YOURSELVES COME OUT ON TOP MORALLY. Because you would NEVER cheer along with the other fans for Cory coming in :rolleyes:

It is pretty well documented in the media and fans from other teams that we have a pretty bad fan base. It is getting to the point where our fan base is criticized by TSN, Sportsnet and CBC almost every other game in one way or another. It's not going to change. We criticize every player we have at least one point or another, especially our goalies. Even King Kirk was criticized a lot while he was playing. It was only after he was retired that people started looking back at how much he did for us.

Same thing is happening to Luongo while he is here, and same thing will happen to Cory if he happens to stay a Canuck and then the same thing will happen to Eddie Lack or Climie if they happen to become the starter one day. It's typical of what our fan base does. We over hype every single goalie that comes into our system and then complain like crazy as soon as we find out that they are human. Then we look for our next god to worship.

However, we are not the only fans in sports to do it.

So ridiculous to hear Canuck fans beat up on themselves, and worse to hear sports pundits lie about us on air.

Anyone can go back and listen to the game when that happened, starting at 6.00 until about 6.55, (with thanks to MAKAVELI)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlR_BbrHjk&feature=g-all-u&context=G261a6dcFAAAAAAAAAAA

1. There was no booing. Or if there was it was a very minimal and was mostly a shocked murmur. This is not something unusual when a 4th goal goes in not long after the 3rd in ANY building. Think about it...the only reason a crowd would boo about a goalie being changed was if they did NOT agree with the decision.

2. When they saw Cory starting to get ready to go in, they started cheering. What is a fan supposed to do? Here are their choices:

3. A am livid about Bob McKenzie's tirade. And other sportscasters who also repeated the lie about fans BOOING Luongo off the ice, as if it really happened. News Flash; Its AV that makes that move regardless of what the fans want him to do. One of the TSN reporters even confronted Schneider and asked him his opinion about the terrible way the fans treated Luongo. WTF? Trying to stir up even more division and distraction.

So stop it. Stop always looking at it as a glass half empty instead of half full! I am tired of you negative nellies always down on us real Canuck fans trying to further spread the absurd notion that "Canuck fans are the worst in the League" and in this instance, that we BOOED our 1a goaltender off the ice. You want to hear imaginary boos just to support your half empty glass outlook, how terrible everything is in Canuck land and how we are so completely different than any other NHL team fans who would NEVER cheer for a goalie coming in so as to not be impolite to the goalie leaving the ice..........PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

PLEASE JUST STOP MAKING UP STUFF JUST TO BE ABLE TO WHINE ABOUT THE FANS AND MAKE YOURSELVES COME OUT ON TOP MORALLY. Because you would NEVER cheer along with the other fans for Cory coming in :rolleyes:

Oh no! the media (and other fanbases) is calling our fanbase terrible!.. oh wait the media (and other fanbases) are a bunch of idiots who have said worse things about our team, and luongo, than a little booing and jeering at a few bad goals. Especially last year in the playoffs.

Who cares about the booing/jeering, whatever, after the riots our fanbase has been painted a certain way, and we will never live that down. The media will never focus on anything positive about us fans.

I agree that it was a hidden jab at Luongo, but not a direct one.

I think fans were merely voicing their opinion that they want Schneider to be the number 1. I don't think it was a "we hate Luongo" cheer. It was more indirect than that. That's my opinion anyways.

Yes, it is a democracy, that means you CAN get criticized by other people for booing/cheering your starting goaltender off the ice. It doesn't matter that you paid for that ticket. Yes, you can boo all you want, it is in your right but don't complain when you're criticized for being classless. Acting like an idiot without any respect or knowledge of the game of hockey in a public forum gets you criticized by people in the media like Bob Mackenzie. The ticket entitles you to watch the game, you can boo or cheer but you have to deal with the consequences for your conduct.

i dont know whats up with this untouchable aura around lu... Lu is a player who gets payed alot of money, and soo far the only thing he has showed in his career to justify that is Decent regular season numbers (inconsistent at times) Absolutely horrible in the playoffs, Who's meltdowns are soo bad, you have a 0% chance of winnning. Leaky lu is not a goalie to win you a cup.

that's what I think. There was a mixture, but it was mostly they were happy to see Schneids come in. As a fan you can look at it half full or half empty. I prefer to look at it half full.

And again, what were the fans to do? Sit on their hands and pretend they were in a library?

i dont know whats up with this untouchable aura around lu... Lu is a player who gets payed alot of money, and soo far the only thing he has showed in his career to justify that is Decent regular season numbers (inconsistent at times) Absolutely horrible in the playoffs, Who's meltdowns are soo bad, you have a 0% chance of winnning. Leaky lu is not a goalie to win you a cup.

The thing I dont understand is that how can people side with a guy (schneider) who is american and from the boston area on top of that, over Luongo who will forever be etched into Canadian sports lore winning the gold medal on home soil. Gragnani was the reason for 3 goals, but Luongo gets the blame. Cory Perry allowed to walk right in? Are you kidding, thats Corey freakin Perry, Schneider wouldn't make that save either. How many saves did schneider have to make after he came in? 6? Nice of the team to finally start playing after Luongo gets pulled, where's his support? The team also goes 3 for 3 in the shootout, I dont remember the last time they did that for Luongo. Anyways, Gillis confirmed Luongo's the starter for Game 1 in the playoffs, just like last year, we'll all forget who Schneider is during the playoffs.

Archived