The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

I always thought the Leafs fans were the dumbest one out there for cheering for the Leafs no matter what the team does. They sound like they know nothing about the game and just like to be loud and messy with a pint of beer at the games.

Well, it seems it's really the Canucks fans that are the dumbest. Not only we're immature, but we don't even seem to be loyal to the team either. We're just all too f***ing arrogant. We have a team that is challenging for the President's Trophy for the 2nd time in 2 seasons. Really? Just what more do you want? It wasn't even the most important Game 7 of the SCF.

Guest gumballthechewy

Team Canada played like crap early in the '72 series until some good old goonery won the day .. Bob Clarke is forever a douche bag for that series alone ..

Mike Gillis can sugarcoat the situation all he wants by saying there is no goalie controversy because we have two great goalies. That is far from the case. You gotta look past the now into the future. From the standpoint of the organization, this franchise is tied into a near slavery contract with an aging and underperforming goalie and pretty much have no other option BUT to trade away a goalie who is for sure to become a top 5 goalie (if he is not one already). Just remember....11 more years with Luongo!!1!1!!111

The reaction on these boards is what is more "melodramatic" than the way the fans reacted at Rogers to Luongo being pulled. You guys should all buy a box of Kleenex and send it Luongo's way. I'm sure once he runs out of bank notes he'll use them to wipe his tears.

Says who? Because I haven't seen anyone outside of those this thread defending this kind of childish behavior saying that. The players certainly didn't think that. (Schneider went on record in the media saying he knew they were booing Luo and that this kind of treatment of Luo is "getting old.") The media certainly didn't think that. (i've read stories on at least 3 different sites about the game and all of them sayed Luo was booed. No one said "the team" was booed.) And it's just common sense. Not only has it been Luo specifically and exclusively that has been booed in the past, if they were booing the entire team, why cheer when Schneider stepped onto the ice? The only reason to cheer that player is that you believe the one he was replacing was the problem.

So ridiculous to hear Canuck fans beat up on themselves, and worse to hear sports pundits lie about us on air.

Anyone can go back and listen to the game when that happened, starting at 6.00 until about 6.55, (with thanks to MAKAVELI)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlR_BbrHjk&feature=g-all-u&context=G261a6dcFAAAAAAAAAAA

1. There was no booing. Or if there was it was a very minimal and was mostly a shocked murmur. This is not something unusual when a 4th goal goes in not long after the 3rd in ANY building. Think about it...the only reason a crowd would boo about a goalie being changed was if they did NOT agree with the decision.

2. When they saw Cory starting to get ready to go in, they started cheering. What is a fan supposed to do? Here are their choices:

a. Sit in complete silence

b. Boo relentlessly as Cory skates to the ice

c. Cheer about the change

3. A am livid about Bob McKenzie's tirade. And other sportscasters who also repeated the lie about fans BOOING Luongo off the ice, as if it really happened. News Flash; Its AV that makes that move regardless of what the fans want him to do. One of the TSN reporters even confronted Schneider and asked him his opinion about the terrible way the fans treated Luongo. WTF? Trying to stir up even more division and distraction.

So stop it. Stop always looking at it as a glass half empty instead of half full! I am tired of you negative nellies always down on us real Canuck fans trying to further spread the absurd notion that "Canuck fans are the worst in the League" and in this instance, that we BOOED our 1a goaltender off the ice. You want to hear imaginary boos just to support your half empty glass outlook, how terrible everything is in Canuck land and how we are so completely different than any other NHL team fans who would NEVER cheer for a goalie coming in so as to not be impolite to the goalie leaving the ice..........PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

I hardly ever use all caps but this case is warranted:

PLEASE JUST STOP MAKING UP STUFF JUST TO BE ABLE TO WHINE ABOUT THE FANS AND MAKE YOURSELVES COME OUT ON TOP MORALLY. Because you would NEVER cheer along with the other fans for Cory coming in :rolleyes:

Says who? Because I haven't seen anyone outside of those this thread defending this kind of childish behavior saying that. The players certainly didn't think that. (Schneider went on record in the media saying he knew they were booing Luo and that this kind of treatment of Luo is "getting old.") The media certainly didn't think that. (i've read stories on at least 3 different sites about the game and all of them sayed Luo was booed. No one said "the team" was booed.) And it's just common sense. Not only has it been Luo specifically and exclusively that has been booed in the past, if they were booing the entire team, why cheer when Schneider stepped onto the ice? The only reason to cheer that player is that you believe the one he was replacing was the problem.

Maybe some of you should read this article for an in-depth analysis of Luongo and Cory and understand why this market will hate any goalie and make up false statements as if it were fact. I can't stand that the guy can play lights out for many games and have one bad game and suddenly he is marked as inconsistent. He has one of the best save percentage and GAA since the lock out of any goalie. He made it to within one game of the cup with 4 shutouts in the playoffs and people say he's a choker.

I'm all for playing the better goaltender but the hate for this guy who is doing so much for this team is ridiculous. Yes Cory is really good and has been playing outstanding and if the coach decides to play him in the playoffs then so be it cause I have faith in him as a goalie as well but I don't understand why people here feel the need to hate on someone simply cause they like someone else.

http://www.nucksmisc...1/lui-schneider

Here's a taste of it:

Okay, now we know where our two goalies rank in the league let's compare them one on one.

Save %(Even) Last 4 yrs. Last 2 yrs. This year Diff.(+/-) this yr.

Luongo .930 .930 .929

Schneider .926 .931 .932 +2 goals / 29 games

Virtually identical performances. Of course, Cory 's numbers are in only ~57 career starts while Luongo has played in 138 over the same time period. Should this matter? Most Cory advocates assume he would only get better as a starter. However, there is a logical contrary opinion to this view. Playing goalie is clearly one of the most difficult positions in pro sports, placing a high level of both physical and mental demands on the individual. It makes sense that the more they play the more demanding the position. Yes 'getting in a groove' is important but for high level athletes this ought not to take more than a handful of shots.

The reaction of the fans was understandable. You have to understand, this wasn't your typical goalie pull. Usually when the goalie gets pulled, your team is getting blown out. The fans are depressed and quiet, and it's usually just to spare the goalie the bad stats than to actually get another goalie in to try and win the game. But this game was different. Yes, we were down 4-2, but the fans felt the rhythm of the goal. It was a back and forth, trading goals affair, and the crowd was still jacked and thought we could win. They cheered Schneider coming in to the net because they thought it was a good idea and that we hadn't given up and just needed a new approach (read: new goalie). I didn't see it as an insult to Lu and I definitely don't think it was sarcastic and meant to spite him. It was genuine excitement that Schneider was coming in, because let's face it, the fans love him and he hasn't had the chance to get on our bad side yet by blowing any big games (give him time, all goalies do it eventually!)

Archived