The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

Why is hard for you to understand without a buyer there is no business in the world that can run. The money from the people paying does go to paying the employees or players it does not matter what percentage of your money goes to that payment the fact is your money(as a single buyer) is still a very small reason the business can run. So do not be ignorant to people who say they pay a players salary because as a whole the buyers of products and services do.

If I'm running a gym and have no customers I can not pay my employees same goes with sports why do you think Phoenix is going under no fans, but because the fan base of other teams is high the NHL can step in and help Phoenix none of this is possible without the fans buying.

Absolutely profits from Canucks gear goes into the profit sharing that benefits underselling markets. But, again, you contribute to the overall bottom line and indirectly to anything they spend money on but you have no way of knowing where exactly your dollars go and should keep perspective in mind at all times. No matter how much disposable income you have to spend on Canucks swag you still aren't spending enough to say you pay the Zamboni driver's salary much less every NHLer's.

I am not the one having trouble understanding. Fans' dollars are part of their profits, not salaries. You support a company. What they do with the money you give them is up to them. Your choice is to use that company and give them money or not. Being a Shaw customer does not mean I pay every employee's salary or have the right to tell them how to do their job. I only have the choice to keep using Shaw or switch to Telus.

Of course teams are profitable because of fans COLLECTIVELY, but you do not get to personally claim the power of the collective for your own opinion. You only own your dollars and whether or not you spend them on Canucks stuff. You cannot reasonable say "we" pay their salaries and therefore your personal opinion should be given the full weight of everyone who buys Canucks stuff. You speak only for yourself and only for (and with) your dollars.

I think it shows just how stupid our fans can be and how many bandwagoners we now have. Not every goal is the goalies fault, wake up!

Mostly they're fans of being heard, not the team or even the sport for that matter. You see them at every sporting event - usually standing up, two fisting drinks, trying to be clowns. It's an attention deficit disorder thing and by the end of the game, they're usually either kicked or passed out.

stawns: not sure how you can decipher where the boos were directed. I'd suggest they were at Lu as the flavour of the weekers celebrated the fact that they've successfully boarded the Trade Lumobile. Regardless I, too, loved the cheers for CS - nothing wrong with that.

The sense of entitlement being displayed with the "we pay his salary through ticket prices" argument is sad. You pay to watch a team and, if you feel that isn't working out for you, don't. It's that simple. But to continue to pay and then boo like it means something - it doesn't. It actually likely has more of a negative impact than a positive one so, at that point, you have to assess that. Do you want to bellow and be heard or are you hoping things turn in a positive direction? If it's the latter, booing likely isn't the answer. If someone at work is performing poorly and you stand if front of them booing, it will likely lower their self esteem, make them lose confidence and, in the end, not help the situation at all. However, if you encourage them, show support and have patience, sometimes it allows for things to get worked through/out. Not always, but I'm convinced it's the better route to take than pushing them further into the hole that they're obviously in.

No, you shouldn't have to coddle people - but their monetary worth isn't the reason behind that decision. It means nothing, really, because rich people can still feel as bad as poor people - money doesn't provide immunity in that. When people make statements of "I'm sure when he goes home to his mansion...." it's kind of pointless. I'm sure Lu still feels bad at times - material things don't make him somehow devoid of feeling. I guess they can provide a distraction, but I never see the connection between driving a luxury car and having a bad day. Bad days are still felt by people who drive nice cars and live in mansions.

Lu owes us nothing more than showing up for work each day and doing his best. I'm convinced he tries to do that. I'd boo him if he leaned against the crossbar drinking a soda during play but, if he's in the net and doing everything in his power to stop shots and win, then that's all he can do. Beyond that, it's a matter of having an occasional bad game - there is no foolproof solution or cure for that. Every goaltender will have them.

To suggest that Lu's earnings should, somehow, make him infallible is ridiculous. He's a human being, not a robot.

If you go to an auction you bid on things you like....if it's a chair that you need you may pay a lot because other people are bidding too, but it doesn't mean a leg can't break off if someone jumps on it. It means you wanted it, determined and paid a price you were willing to in order to acquire it and should enjoy it accordingly, without expecting more. Doesn't mean that the highest bid guarantees that it will never break or is flawless. It just means you really needed/wanted it. Even if some think it's overpriced, at the time, it was what you were willing to pay in order to acquire it. A rather poor comparison, but I'm sure you get the gist.

All the money in the world can't make a goaltender perfect so it's irrelevant to argue like it should. If you don't want to pay for tickets, don't. But don't act like that should, somehow, offer perfection and flawlessness and then lash out when it doesn't. Hockey teams lose games. Players have bad games and make errors...sometimes they even slump. And, if their confidence is already waning, jeering them probably won't help.

Your ticket prices don't come into play because you have a choice in whether or not you want to purchase them based on the overall product. If you don't feel there's good value in that, stop. Your boo'ing isn't the answer - it simply means you're contributing to a negative atmosphere...likely wasting your money in that.

/end long, boring rant

Canucks on a 6 game win streak, Lu let's in maybe 2 that he'd like to have back and his first bad game in a while and the reaction of the crowd is to boo and then rub it in by sarcastically over cheering Corey while he's coming into the game after Lu get's the hook.

Does this city even deserve a Stanley Cup?  I know the team does but the city does not, never seen such a bunch of classless whiners before in my entire life.  Totally ashamed of all those idiots that jeered Lu at the game tonight.

Schneider let in 3 goals against one of the worst offensive teams in the league, let in a very stoppable 2nd goal that was the tiebreaker and couldn't make another save to stop the 3rd goal which really killed us.

See, both our goalies can sound bad when you chalk it up like that. At the end of the day, our defence is playing horribly right now. None of these goalies are letting in softies, of the last 7 goals allowed by a Canucks goalie...

Getzlaf goal was a weak one by Luongo.

Perry goal was a weak defensive play by Alberts and Salo. Alberts was caught along the boards leaving a 2-on-1 down low and let Perry walk right into the crease, no chance for any goalie.

Pelley goal was a terrible play by Gragnani, he was supposed to be covering his man but was for some reason way out of position and just caught.

2nd Pelley goal was another brutal play by Gragnani. Raymond can be blamed for not checking Pelley, but no defenceman should let a pass go straight through him like Gragnani did.

1st Camelleri goal was all Bieksa's fault, for some reason he just stopped following his man and he was left wide open in the crease.

Glencross goal was partially Schneider's fault, partially Henrik's fault. Sure it was a giveaway deep in our zone, but Schneider was caught handcuffed and not ready for a shot against which he was facing head-on.

2nd Camelleri goal was a great play by him to skate around the net quickly and allude the defensive-zone positioning, so Edler, Henrik and Gragnani are all to blame for this one. No way Schneider should have to stop a rebound right next to him getting chipped up from the crease, the defencemen and centreman should of picked up Camelleri.

Mostly they're fans of being heard, not the team or even the sport for that matter. You see them at every sporting event - usually standing up, two fisting drinks, trying to be clowns. It's an attention deficit disorder thing and by the end of the game, they're usually either kicked or passed out.

stawns: not sure how you can decipher where the boos were directed. I'd suggest they were at Lu as the flavour of the weekers celebrated the fact that they've successfully boarded the Trade Lumobile. Regardless I, too, loved the cheers for CS - nothing wrong with that.

The sense of entitlement being displayed with the "we pay his salary through ticket prices" argument is sad. You pay to watch a team and, if you feel that isn't working out for you, don't. It's that simple. But to continue to pay and then boo like it means something - it doesn't. It actually likely has more of a negative impact than a positive one so, at that point, you have to assess that. Do you want to bellow and be heard or are you hoping things turn in a positive direction? If it's the latter, booing likely isn't the answer. If someone at work is performing poorly and you stand if front of them booing, it will likely lower their self esteem, make them lose confidence and, in the end, not help the situation at all. However, if you encourage, support and have patience, sometimes it allows for things to get working through/out.

No, you shouldn't have to coddle people - but their monetary worth isn't the reason behind that. It means nothing, really, because rich people can still feel as bad as poor people - money doesn't provide immunity in that.

Lu owes us nothing more than showing up for work each day and doing his best. I'm convinced he tries to do that. I'd boo him if he leaned against the crossbar drinking a soda during play but, if he's in the net and doing everything in his power to stop shots and win, then that's all he can do. Beyond that, it's a matter of having an occasional bad game - there is no foolproof solution or cure for that. Every goaltender will have them.

To suggest that Lu's earnings should, somehow, make him infallible is ridiculous. He's a human being, not a robot.

If you go to an auction you bid on things you like....if it's a chair that you need and you pay a lot because other people are bidding too, it doesn't mean a leg can't break off if someone jumps on it. It means you wanted it, determined and paid a price you were willing to in order to acquire it and should enjoy it accordingly, without expecting more. Doesn't mean that the highest bid guarantees that it will never break or is flawless. It just means you really needed/wanted it. Even if some think it's overpriced, at the time, it was what you were willing to pay in order to acquire it. A rather poor comparison, but I'm sure you get the gist.

All the money in the world can't make a goaltender perfect so it's irrelevant to argue like it should. If you don't want to pay for tickets, don't. But don't act like that should, somehow, offer perfection and flawlessness and then lash out when it doesn't. Hockey teams lose games. Players have bad games and make errors...sometimes they even slump. And, if their confidence is already waning, jeering them probably won't help.

Your ticket prices don't come into play because you have a choice in whether or not you want to purchase them based on the overall product. If you don't feel there's good value in that, stop. Your boo'ing isn't the answer - it means you're paying to contribute to a negative atmosphere. Try to have fun, support the team and make the best of bad situations. You'd be surprised at the result that it can have when you do.

I am with you, as a Canuck fan in alberta here its getting tougher and tougher to admit I am associated with those idiots that just don't get hockey. Even the first one that Bobby Lu let in was not entirely on him, if I recall correctly there was a stick in the way - granted he's an elite tender that should have made that save, but it was a much more difficult save than most realize. bottom line, Luongo has stolen playoff series for us before, and almost did so in the finals last year - two of the three wins were shutouts remember? Of course not. Most Canuck fans these days seem to have a 10 sec memory. Its getting harder and harder to wear the jersey around and have to agree with Flames and Oilers fans about the idocy of the majority of Canucks fans. But I guess nothing will change, unless Mr Linden starts smacking some sense into those that don't get it. I am not even sure that will work.....

Oh yeah I'm fully aware I'm not directly contributing to the monthly Range Rover payments but collectively as fans we are contributing to players salaries.

It just seemed in your posts that you were stating a disconnect between this business relationship.

At the end of the day if a fan isn't happy with the on ice product that fan would have to withhold every form of financial contribution. The reality is that rarely happens in a market like Vancouver. We used to watch terrible teams here in a lesser albeit more intimate rink.

Here we are today with a league leading team bitching about the coho trade and off nights for our goalies playing behind five skaters having off nights.

Detroit has a similar spoiled-brat element to their fanbase - they booed the Wings almost immediately after their all-time best home winning streak was snapped - a game later, a failing power play, and the whiners start booing... Obvious response is to consider them idiots.

You're taking it too literally of course one voice does not speak for the whole but the bottom line no fans no salaries. Fans' dollars are part of their profits, not salaries and no profits no money to pay those salaries once again it comes down to without the fans to make those profits there is no salaries that can be payed.

Ever hear the old saying the "customer is always right" why do you think that is? In most cases where someone is saying they pay for the players salaries they're speaking as a whole just like everyone likes to use the saying "our team", we do not own the team. I do understand your point, but you are not even trying to understand the other view you just trying to make yourself look like you have the only correct answer. One paying ticket holder in the grand scheme of things does not hold much power of voice but a million do and usually the one speaks knowing there are million who may be thinking the same.

Right. Collectively we are, but that doesn't entitle any single one of us to use the collective for our own opinion. We speak only for ourselves and only with our contribution, which is a mere drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. For me the disconnect is for people overstating their role in that business reality.

And you're right. Ours is a dedicated market, which speaks to our devotion to our team and hockey in general. But, that dedication, admirable as it is, is our own choice and not "payment" for ownership.

And I couldn't agree more with your assessment of our "problems." We're pretty freaking lucky all in all.

Of course I'm taking it literally. It is literal. People are saying they are paying players' salaries and that is not factual. And even if it were, it wouldn't be an excuse to be degrading.

And surely you see the problem with people believing they speak on behalf of other fans. If anyone can call the power of "we the fans" that would apply evenly to the opinions millions do not share as it would the ones they do agree with. Unless we are empowered by other people to speak for them we can only speak for ourselves. We can't claim to speak for other people whether or not we assume some will agree.

It closer to the truth than not, do you actual think there would be salaries without the fans. Do you actual think if you're providing a service or product that customers are paying for that they have no impact on your paycheck. Regardless of whether the customer or fan is signing the check the revenue collect comes from the person paying.

Canucks on a 6 game win streak, Lu let's in maybe 2 that he'd like to have back and his first bad game in a while and the reaction of the crowd is to boo and then rub it in by sarcastically over cheering Corey while he's coming into the game after Lu get's the hook.

Does this city even deserve a Stanley Cup? I know the team does but the city does not, never seen such a bunch of classless whiners before in my entire life. Totally ashamed of all those idiots that jeered Lu at the game tonight.

Archived