The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av's A Beast

LivingLikeLarry

I don't understand why people are razzing AV after a few losses, I mean this is a guy who has had two straight 50+ win season's. I also believe his most underrated charachteristic is his player development ability. If you don't agree just look at guys like Higgins, Lapierre, and Tanev.

If there's one thing he should of learned last season its that you can't trust your players all the time. He trusted our stars too much, and they didn't produce on the powerplay in the SCF, they couldn't score goals and they just weren't good enough defensively.

Why? Because they were getting banged up and injured all the time. He wanted his players to stay out of scrums and trusted the refs to keep our players safe but they didn't.

Hopefully AV has learned that we have to take matters into our own hands - if someone wants a piece of the Sedins, don't only grab them and whack them back, but get our players to go out there and injure their top players.

Guest The Brown Burrows

http://en.wikipedia....HL_head_coaches - Look at this list

How many teams keep a coach for over 6 years with a decent record (not many).

* AV is in the midst of his 6th season as the Canucks bench boss

AV is a regular season god (he is awesome, just look at what he has accomplished in the reg. season).

But, then if you look at his playoff record, it isn't that impressive compared to his reg. season accomplishments.

http://en.wikipedia....Alain_Vigneault - AV wiki page

- Lost in the 2nd round (1st season)

- Missed Playoffs (2nd season)

- Lost in the 2nd round (3rd season)

- Lost in the 2nd round (4th season)

- Lost in the 4th round (5th season)

- Undetermined (6th season)

It is still an impressive track record but many coaches get the can after a few years...

IMO, AV will either get the can this year or management will keep him around for the long haul (think Lindy Ruff, Barry Trotz, Mike Babcock). That being said, if we fire AV, he'll be hired by other team within days.

My guess is this:

Lose 1st round - fired

Lose 2nd round - possibility of being fired 50/50

Lose 3rd round - doubt it

Lose 4th round - no chance

Win the Cup - you'd be stupid if you did

* One of the few posts in this thread that have some substance...

I don't understand why people are razzing AV after a few losses, I mean this is a guy who has had two straight 50+ win season's. I also believe his most underrated charachteristic is his player development ability. If you don't agree just look at guys like Higgins, Lapierre, and Tanev.

But, then if you look at his playoff record, it isn't that impressive compared to his reg. season accomplishments.

http://en.wikipedia....Alain_Vigneault - AV wiki page

- Lost in the 2nd round (1st season)

- Missed Playoffs (2nd season)

- Lost in the 2nd round (3rd season)

- Lost in the 2nd round (4th season)

- Lost in the 4th round (5th season)

- Undetermined (6th season)

Archived