The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton's First Overall

Agreed, I think we'll see them flip picks with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

I can see Edmonton's first overall pick to Columbus for the second overall pick and Steve Mason happening.

Columbus picks Nail Yakupov. Edmonton picks Ryan Murray, the defenceman they need to compliment Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Jordan Eberle.

Trading Schneids to Edmonton would cause us nothing but problems, Edmonton with a few decent D and an Elite goalie....

I think it would be easier to deal with Columbus now, we could do a Schneider type deal with them and in return get say Ryan Murray or Dumba.

You all are dreaming if you think edmonton gives up the right to have a future superstar in Yakupov for Schneider.

Not to mention why would MG want Schneider potentially haunting the Canucks for 8 games a season. There is a reason why we have traded with eatern teams mainly.

From TSN ..

1. Edmonton Oilers

Player: Nail Yakupov

Position: Right Wing

Craig's Notes: Highly skilled, great skater who can electrify.

2. Columbus Blue Jackets

Player: Ryan Murray

Position: Defence

Craig's Notes: A very smart and steady player without flash who will help a team win.

3. Montreal Canadiens

Player: Mikhail Grigorenko

Position: Centre

Craig's Notes: Tantalizing size and skill. The big centre teams look for.

4. New York Islanders

Player: Filip Forsberg

Position: Left Wing

Craig's Notes: Great combination of size, skill and will.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs

Player: Alex Galchenyuk

Position: Centre

Craig's Notes: Strong two-way centre in the mold of Ron Francis.

I don't see Edmonton trading 1st overall to anything beyond a top 5 pick. I can see EDM trading down to MTL for extra picks/prospects and get Murray (top D man) or Grigorenko (big 2nd line centre...strong down the middle like Penguins).

Edit: Stupid copy & paste function went screwy.

Can't really fault anyone for thinking Edm needs a goalie... but you're absolutely crazy if you think Edm thinks Edm needs a goalie... Lowe is bringing Dubnyk to the Worlds, they are not going to trade the 1st overall pick for a goalie when management has that much confidence in their current tender.

/thread

and damnit Squeak, you're sig really pisses me off... I keep staring at it for minutes whenever I come by your posts

Can't really fault anyone for thinking Edm needs a goalie... but you're absolutely crazy if you think Edm thinks Edm needs a goalie... Lowe is bringing Dubnyk to the Worlds, they are not going to trade the 1st overall pick for a goalie when management has that much confidence in their current tender.

/thread

and damnit Squeak, you're sig really pisses me off... I keep staring at it for minutes whenever I come by your posts

The Oilers aren't stupid, they'll draft Yakupov. It's already done, but they did make a minor mistake signing Hemksy instead of trading him because their RW is loaded now. But hindsight is 20/20.

Hall - RNH - Eberle

MPS - Horcoff - Yakupov

? - Gagner - Hemksy

They really need to trade Hemsky and MPS for two bigger gritty wingers like Kassian.

Archived