The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Av Take Advice From Laviolette?

TwinTelepathy

What is Alain doing as the head coach of this team? I always see him on the bench with a blank look everytime the Kings score and it always looks like he is confused or panicked..... I saw both games of the Pens and Flyers series and everytime philly went down a goal or even 3 (the 3-0 pens lead in game 1, as well as 3-1 tonight), I would always see Peter Laviolette pep talking and yelling at his players on the bench to get them going, and look how great they've done so far (2-0 flyers series lead)........ Why isn't AV like that? Aren't head coaches supposed to yell and bark at their team to motivate them when they are not playing up to their ability? Especially a team like the Canucks? Honestly it's the playoffs AV......

As far as I'm concerned, none of our coaches show emotion to give some backup for the boys and they look completely dead and confused after every opposition goal. Are the coaches blind? Can't they see that the Powerplay hasn't been working for about 2 months now and they finally get struck by it during the most crucial times?

I know that AV actually did call out some of our top players, but it was obviously to no avail in this game. What I'm talking about is what a coach should do DURING the game behind the bench such as to pep talk his guys, and even give them a good bark to make the players push harder and gain more momentum.

What's final is that the team needs to play better, as well as the coaches needing to show that they are actually hungry for the team to win.

On the bright side.......... The pens aren't feeling any better than us. And.... Last year during the first round of the playoffs, it was Boston v. Montreal with the Bruins having home ice advantage and losing those first two home games, winning two in montreal (much harder building to play in than the staples center)..... leading on to later winning the stanley cup.

I agree! I like AB' class, & feel bit bad for him, but come on?! Show SOME emotion. Calm is good but not to an extreme. I don't mean tortorella-like (he's just nuts) or down right Keenan -mean, but laviolette or Los school Quin would be handy,

Vigneault has shown that he wants the locker room to be run by the players, and he wants the games to be played by the players. Until these last two games, AV's system has worked perfectly fine. I don't see why he should make any major changes when it's just not his style.

LIke someone mentioned before, different styles of coaching.

But yes, I caught the pens-flyers games as well and the flyers never give uup nd seemed to be coached well. They are a pretty young team...amazing drive and confidence.

What the canucks have is experience like they have been saying, "we know what it takes' (though it sure doesnt look like it so far)

But yes, a yelling, mad, out of character AV may spark the team.

It's pretty clear the team doesn't need to have an emotional coach. They need a strategist to try and correct the problems. I'm not sure whats wrong with the team, but it seems to me there might be divisions in the room. There's the put your head down and work group. Then there's the chirp, freak out, over emotional group.

I'm wondering if we need to do what Philly did last year? Get rid of some high end talent and bring in some youth and bring in a better mix that works as a team. Because it's either that or we get a new head coach and staff. Something's plain wrong and it's the whole team not just one guy. Maybe the team is just sick of hearing about "the process" and they want help improving things by changing strategy and tactics.

But let's see what happens first. If we lose in this round, there's going to be a lot of looking for answers. It might even be the biggest test yet for Gillis.

It's pretty clear the team doesn't need to have an emotional coach. They need a strategist to try and correct the problems. I'm not sure whats wrong with the team, but it seems to me there might be divisions in the room. There's the put your head down and work group. Then there's the chirp, freak out, over emotional group.

I'm wondering if we need to do what Philly did last year? Get rid of some high end talent and bring in some youth and bring in a better mix that works as a team. Because it's either that or we get a new head coach and staff. Something's plain wrong and it's the whole team not just one guy. Maybe the team is just sick of hearing about "the process" and they want help improving things by changing strategy and tactics.

But let's see what happens first. If we lose in this round, there's going to be a lot of looking for answers. It might even be the biggest test yet for Gillis.

Vigneault has shown that he wants the locker room to be run by the players, and he wants the games to be played by the players. Until these last two games, AV's system has worked perfectly fine. I don't see why he should make any major changes when it's just not his style.

Guest BuckFoston

Archived