The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There's Obviously Something Wrong With Chemistry/misusing Players. How Would You Get The Lines Clicking?

dontstresskes

Canucks are down 0-2. Are you really surprised? We haven't looked good since early in the year when we were actually showing chemistry through lines and things were actually clicking. People can blame certain situations(ex.trades and injuries) but good teams overcome that. I believe Canucks are a good enough team but the problem is the coaches keep switching lines that it's hard to get used to line-mates. Lines need to know each others tendencies for them to even get some sort of roll going on. It's clear that when you keep switching players and giving certain players who are not used to certain roles bigger ones that they can carry...it's going to hurt us. I think we need to stick with one line up and let them handle it themselves and actually call out the lines that aren't performing instead of being subliminal to the media. I hate it when we see line up changes so regularly. Anyone who's played hockey knows this is a sign of panic. I'd even use the top two lines the way they are as our power play lines instead of using ebbett! I'm a firm believer in players who are playing great should get rewarded but sometimes it's because of the lines they are playing against. If you keep tweeking the lines over and over, your going to tweek your way out of the playoffs. My following below is my opinion on what I would do and keep it like that for the rest of the playoffs.

HIGGINS-HENRIK-BOOTH

BURROWS-KESLER-HANSEN

RAYMOND-MALHOTRA-PAULSSON

EBBETT-LAPIERRE-KASSIAN

EDLER-HAMHUIS

BALLARD-BIESKA

SALO-TANEV

at this point, i would like to have danny, torres, hoffer, samuelsson and coho back :(

if im not mistaken, av has been line juggling all season long after the trade deadline? his lines didnt always make sense to me. kinda sad that we are undecided and do not have definite lines 2 games into the first series.

whatever the lines are, the canucks need to win next two and tie the series up :)

Canucks are down 0-2. Are you really surprised? We haven't looked good since early in the year when we were actually showing chemistry through lines and things were actually clicking. People can blame certain situations(ex.trades and injuries) but good teams overcome that. I believe Canucks are a good enough team but the problem is the coaches keep switching lines that it's hard to get used to line-mates. Lines need to know each others tendencies for them to even get some sort of roll going on. It's clear that when you keep switching players and giving certain players who are not used to certain roles bigger ones that they can carry...it's going to hurt us. I think we need to stick with one line up and let them handle it themselves and actually call out the lines that aren't performing instead of being subliminal to the media. I hate it when we see line up changes so regularly. Anyone who's played hockey knows this is a sign of panic. I'd even use the top two lines the way they are as our power play lines instead of using ebbett! I'm a firm believer in players who are playing great should get rewarded but sometimes it's because of the lines they are playing against. If you keep tweeking the lines over and over, your going to tweek your way out of the playoffs. My following below is my opinion on what I would do and keep it like that for the rest of the playoffs.

HIGGINS-HENRIK-BOOTH

BURROWS-KESLER-HANSEN

EBBETT-LAPIERRE-KASSIAN

EDLER-HAMHUIS

BALLARD-BIESKA

SALO-TANEV

Yeah but good teams can deal with injuries. Look at Philadelphia. Who thought they'd be up 2-0(rallying both games) without Pronger and JVR. I know Daniels are leading goal scorer but hey someone else needs to pick up the slack. If no one player can do it, then make it come through contributions. Daniel will probably be back game 4, but can't we get someone or some players to pick it up?

they need better passing and more consistent sense of urgency-- they really need to outwork the Kings D down low and connect their passes better, much like when they were successful last game when it was whipped around well. MOST importantly, STOP THE SET PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but good teams can deal with injuries. Look at Philadelphia. Who thought they'd be up 2-0(rallying both games) without Pronger and JVR. I know Daniels are leading goal scorer but hey someone else needs to pick up the slack. If no one player can do it, then make it come through contributions. Daniel will probably be back game 4, but can't we get someone or some players to pick it up?

You believe that the coaches are switching lines too much; but your proposed top 3 lines have never played together before?

:lol::picard::rolleyes:

HIGGINS-HENRIK-BOOTH

BURROWS-KESLER-HANSEN

EBBETT-LAPIERRE-KASSIAN

EDLER-HAMHUIS

BALLARD-BIESKA

SALO-TANEV

Lapierre Henrik Booth

Ebbettt Kesler Burrows

Higgins Pahlsson-Hansen

Raymond Malhotra Kassian

I'd like to see Henrik with some aggressive players who can crash the net.

Ebbett and Burr can dish to Kesler, and Burr can cause trouble in front of the net.

3rd line is solid, leave it alone.

4th would have a bit of everything on it.... and should see limited ice time anyways.

Archived