Canucks Community

[Proposal] Schneider To Toronto!

To Vancouver:

Jake Gardiner/Luke Schenn

2012 5th Overall pick

To Toronto:

Cory Schneider

Kevin Connauton/Yann Sauve

Vancouver gets to draft a blue-chip prospect (Forsberg, Dumba, Galchenyuk, etc)

and gets a young puck-moving defenceman who can then make trading Ballard a viable option.

Toronto gets its number one goalie and a lesser puck-moving d-man in Connauton.

Is this equal value, or does it lean to one side?

Discuss.

I'm pretty sure the Canucks are going to keep Schneider now. AV said they will only play the goalie who gives them the best chance to win. Schneider starting games 3 and 4 after Luongo plays well in 1&2 (despite losses) signals to me that the brass have made their decision.

my guess is Luongo waives his NTC and Tampa trades Hedman or Connolley plus a little for the return.

I'm pretty sure the Canucks are going to keep Schneider now. AV said they will only play the goalie who gives them the best chance to win. Schneider starting games 3 and 4 after Luongo plays well in 1&2 (despite losses) signals to me that the brass have made their decision.

my guess is Luongo waives his NTC and Tampa trades Hedman or Connolley plus a little for the return.

I dont think people realize that Luongos value isnt that high, granted he's a decent goalie.

His contract length is atrocious, people who think they will get Hedmen or Tampa's first pick + player are grossly delusional.

Edit: If he was traded to Tampa it would probably be for Malone or something

If the Canucks do a trade with TO, I wonder what it would take to pry Joe Colborne away from them. I know the Canucks don't have room for a centreman (right now), but could you imagine a line of:

Jensen (6'3" 200 lbs) - Colborne (6'5" 215 lbs) - Kassian (6'3" 215 lbs)

Archived