The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is This The End Of The Luongo Era?

luongo12345

AV is playing schneids over lu because the team seems to play better infront of cory.....lu's contract is not unmovable....the team has an out in five more years....so a team can trade lu then.....

my thought would be, lu to tb.....lecavellier to montreal....leblanc, emelin and tinordi to vancouver with other bodies to make it fair...

This may be the dumbest post of all time,lol

Do you think we get Booth for free now because Florida had to pay him so they could trade him?

if they trade him for a 7th round pick we are on the hook for ZERO of his salary and would count ZERO against the cap;however, as someone else stated maybe a Raymond and Lou for Vinny, or Malone and a 1st works.

Guest gumballthechewy

if we do trade him to another team, then we would have to pay the rest of his years salary up front to the other team, which would leave us like not a lot of money

I believe he said 'Luongo will ask for a trade.' Nothing about management paying him to sit on a bench.

I do agree that he won't be a back-up. We don't know what management is thinking or even Luongo for that matter. We will have to wait until the summer to find out what is going to happen. Everyone seems to think Luongo is gone for sure. Most likely scenario is he stays. Who is the more movable goalie? Just saying.

Man the media really stirs it up in this city.. amazing how they can drag out all these theories and ideas and people just eat it all up and regurgitate it up on here for the masses.

I'm amazed people can find so much time for all the conjecture and speculation and give any credence to it before all is said and done. Can't we just wait to see what happens? We're in the midst of trying to claw back in a series which we have no business even being in thus far and all people can talk/think about is whether or not luongo's time here will end? If it were up to many canuck fans, it would have ended 4 seasons ago.

Maybe it would have been better for everyone including Lu if it did end back then. it would have prevented threads like this one and so many others from ever being posted.

No, he is not going anywhere. If he does, then our salary cap years will be screwed. 2nd he's locked down, he's an NTC, which means he cannot be traded UNLESS he asks to be traded. 3rd, if we do trade him to another team, then we would have to pay the rest of his years salary up front to the other team, which would leave us like not a lot of money, 4th, there needs to be a team WILLING to afford his 12 year contract. And 5th again, HE'S AN NTC!!!!!!!!!! MG would be an idiot again to screw up the salary cap and to trade him!!

Not sure how long you have been watching hockey for but the writing is on the wall Lou is done here. No way you sit a guy for the most important game of the year and then tell him next year that he is number 1 again...

But yeah Cory is definitely the more moveable goalie... but as you know the Canucks would be crazy to get rid of him at this point and will just deal with Lou's contract and his upcoming trade. Good chance they don't even get much back other then unload his contract onto another team.

This may be the dumbest post of all time,lol

Do you think we get Booth for free now because Florida had to pay him so they could trade him?

if they trade him for a 7th round pick we are on the hook for ZERO of his salary and would count ZERO against the cap;however, as someone else stated maybe a Raymond and Lou for Vinny, or Malone and a 1st works.

Been watching hockey since about 2000 but I definitely still consider myself a noob. Well, maybe more like an informed noob.

I am very excited to see what happens. I think your probably right. I just disagree about your take on his value. He puts up above average stats every single year. That is a goalie that a lot of teams might want. I'm not saying he will pull in a superstar, but I am sure someone will be willing to part with some talent for him. What do you think he would bring in? What do you think Schneider would bring?

• 3 weeks later...

AV is playing schneids over lu because the team seems to play better infront of cory.....lu's contract is not unmovable....the team has an out in five more years....so a team can trade lu then.....

my thought would be, lu to tb.....lecavellier to montreal....leblanc, emelin and tinordi to vancouver with other bodies to make it fair...

Archived