The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Someone Call The Coyotes And Ask If They Can Send Us Some Guts...

afesposit

That team w/ that talent able to control the pace of the game... They have no superstars... A good blue line and solid goaltending...

It's amazing what you can do when you have some guts and pushback... That team doesn't get rattled....

Maybe if they move to Quebec next yr. Dave Tippet doesn't go and we can get him.... That's the kind of coach we need....

I honestly thought they would lose composure giving up the late goal against an experienced Hawks team to force OT so many times. Dave Tippet has that team whipped into shape though, good to see them doing well.

Edit: Mike freaking Smith. How could I leave this guy out? Yes, maybe he plays in a system that makes his job a little easier... the guy has been air tight though.

Guest BuckFoston

Coaching has a lot to do with it. I saw a press conference with Tippett after the game today and he is the most well rounded eloquent coach I ever heard. What he said about the team, how he talked about their mentality and bond in the locker room and what they expect from each other on the ice made me wish Canucks had leadership like that. All we've got is a stubborn doofus with turds for brains.

That team w/ that talent able to control the pace of the game... They have no superstars... A good blue line and solid goaltending...

It's amazing what you can do when you have some guts and pushback... That team doesn't get rattled....

Maybe if they move to Quebec next yr. Dave Tippet doesn't go and we can get him.... That's the kind of coach we need....

I sure hope that the leadership from the Twins' unrelenting attack (esp. after Hank's hit by Brown and Hank's smacking him back) would motivate the rest of the team consistently so they would also pick their game up and get back to levels that they can play at and did play at in Game 4 after they scored (esp. hoping Kes, Higgins, Booth, Burr and Hansen can rediscover their offensive punch and Edler can stay solid on D!)

Some people just don't understand matchup problems and don't understand hockey.

There's a reason some teams see LAK and STL as our most dangerous opponents in the playoffs.

Tippett's goalie in the 2007 series had 3 shutout wins, while AV was playing with one of the worst offensive teams of the day. Matchups.

Archived