The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Is A Real Pro.

quadrapioneer

I called Lu being captain shortly after he came to van and then it came true. Was awesome. Any so called 'fans' disrespecting him need to give their stupid head a shake. Even as well as Schneids is playing u just don't trade someone like Lu on a whim. After everything he's done in van Lu deserves to be here more than schneider if he wants to. And I love Schneids but Lu is still our guy to me.

I know people are giving Lu a pass on those two games and all, but look at Quick's numbers, Schneider's numbers, and Lu's numbers for this series.

We knew this series was going to be air-tight. We gave Lu a shot. Twice. And he wasn't quite air-tight enough. You can't blame AV for attempting to save his job when he made the switch.

People have to come to realize that this stuff happens on elite teams all the time. For example, Thomas was as good as gone two years ago when Rask apparently took over. Nope. Instead he rebounded to have one of the best seasons ever.

Speaking of one of the best seasons ever, Schneider is currently having one. We probably should've went with him from the start.  Cheers.

TOML

Luongo has definitely been so calm about it. If he was really not happy about it, he would have shown even a slight amount of frsutration. Being a team guy, he will win at all costs. If Schneider wins the Cup-clinching game, Luongo still played a part in helping the Canucks get there.

Pretty difficult to watch a top ranked goalie get usurped by the rookie.

It was always difficult for me when I lost a job and it can't be easy to lose one in the spotlight of the public's eye.

I think Luo is doing a remarkable job and is staying a lot classier than I could or would.

Pretty difficult to watch a top ranked goalie get usurped by the rookie.

It was always difficult for me when I lost a job and it can't be easy to lose one in the spotlight of the public's eye.

I think Luo is doing a remarkable job and is staying a lot classier than I could or would.

Canuck fans should be so lucky to have two stellar goaltenders playing in tandem going into the playoffs. This should provide the Canucks with extra assurance.This could be our last shot at having such quality goal tending for the playoffs as they will surely be the no. 1 goaltender for any other team. To be honest, I'd love to keep them both if possible, we have to look out for our own self interest ;) Luongo was outstanding for Game 1 warding off any talks about the goal tending being the weak link...instead he sparked praise. Talk about pressure...he's the bounce back kid. He's just as good as warding off the puck as he is warding off criticism. Incredible focus...incredible athleticism...incredible professionalism and now consummate team player. If and when we get by round 1...Roberto starts...Schneider finishes...and repeat up to the Cup final.

Now we just need some goals!! Gitter done first, second, third and fourth line, and triple D. You all have offensive/scoring ability. With that many offensive players, we should be able to get a few in the back of the net. I heard one tip a player once said, when shooting...look for the back of the net, and stop adjusting the puck before passing. By the time you do anything with it everyone's in position. Do you see the Sedin's doing that? No, they keep the puck moving. It was the same problem with the one timers a long long time ago...the guys would actually adjust the puck before shooting...giving players opportunity to get in position including the goalie and so none would ever get in. Once they stopped doing that...we became more successful with one timers.

I can't wait for you to be disappointed.

So you are not a Canuck fan and want the team to fail, that's what you are saying if you want the goalie to fail. I have not heard any Cory fans say they hope Lou fails.

A lot have said that he has failed or the he has but not that they hope he will. You my friend are a troll and should not call yourself a fan of the Canucks (Lou fan but not the canucks).

I think everyone hopes that Lou can find his game again (although most in another city).

I can't wait for you to be disappointed.

So you are not a Canuck fan and want the team to fail, that's what you are saying if you want the goalie to fail. I have not heard any Cory fans say they hope Lou fails.

A lot have said that he has failed or the he has but not that they hope he will. You my friend are a troll and should not call yourself a fan of the Canucks (Lou fan but not the canucks).

I think everyone hopes that Lou can find his game again (although most in another city).

Archived