The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis

ButterBean

Whenever someone mentions Hamhuis, it is always about how he is our best shutdown guy and how he is one of the most underrated defensive guys on the team/in the league. Which is true, but am I one of the few who have seen his underrated play on the power play?

His hockey sense is through the roof, and he uses that to his advantage on the power play where he always finds a way to put his linemates in the best position to make a play. That makes up for his average shot and is why I think he should stay on the 1st unit. If he was on the power play all year instead of Salo, who knows he could've had 45+ points this year. This is why Hamhuis is clearly our best defenseman.

Hammer is my 3yr old sons fav player.

Plus I must thank the Nucks front office for sending him a fan pack on his 3rd birthday that had a signed Hamhuis player card in it...... was great to see my son smile so much after all the eathquakes we have had here in Christchurch.

He is mobile and his puck management is quite good. His shot is very average and being the defense first guy, he generally tends to make safe plays on the PP as well. This can be both good and bad. Not concede shorthanded goals, but perhaps hinder the potential production.

He's not very unsung as of late. There's been numerous threads on him, praising his abilities.

Archived