The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Scratched For Weise

samirjaver

Kassian will have his time. I think it was still a good trade when looking at the big picture. The bigger question is has Raymond had his time? It's like he's just filler and more of the smaller same that doesn't do anything. Burrows at least contributes offensively.

Yes, because taking major penalties is a great way to contribute to the team....No.

I like Weise over Bitz and Kassian because he is the quickest and most defensively responsible. He plays the body, but knows not to take himself out of position looking for a big hit.

And Gillis brought Kassian in for the playoffs? There is little to no doubt that Hodgson would've been alot more valuable than Kassian has been. I know, I know I'm beating a dead horse right?, but this trade deadline move by Gillis has clearly hurt the club more than it has helped. The timing of the trade was just boneheaded, as it was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to fill a need in the big bodied physical player department for the playoffs.

Pahlsson replaces Hodgson.... When Pahlsson is old, Schroeder (or another prospect center) succeeds Pahlsson. We have a depth of young centers, not a single big skilled forward with a high upside and a decent chance of getting there.

4th line actually being able to be used should make a difference in the Canucks game. All the lines came out clicking right out the gate. Was a long overdue change to bench Kassian, and he needs to stay there.

He's not NHL ready at all, and his age is not an excuse. Look at Philly, they played a 19 year old against Evgeni Malkin. That being said, Hodgson is gone, but if the Canucks get eliminated by early this trade is going to be infamous and identify Gillis forever. (Much like how Milbury gets dominated by his Islander trades)

For those complaining about the 'nucks GM trading for MAG and Big Kass at the deadline, reportedly more than one team was interested in Kass so the 'nucks offered the best trade that they could afford at the deadline to get what they wanted.  As to whether it turns out to be a bust for either or both teams, only time will tell.

Archived