The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Vancouver Canucks Trade Ryan Kesler? It's Not Unthinkable

Mookie Wilson

Wasn't one of the reasons we had to trade Hodgson was that he would not get to be a 1st or 2nd line center anytime soon?

Due to the fact that we have both Sedin and Kesler at center.

Now Hodgson is gone, who would fill in the 2nd line center position if you trade away Kesler.

Doesn't make sense.

I would much rather get rid of Bieksa and even Edler before trading Kesler.

On the forward side, Booth was a disappointment down the stretch as was Raymond.

As much as I love Malhotra, he may need to get shipped out as well.

Additionally,Kes is a natural winger,not center man.

Hard to set up your wingers when all you naturally do is shoot.

Not sure why Hodgson was not placed with Kes for a period of time.

I guess Gillis just wanted Cody's agent dealt with.

Here I thought the team came first.

Wasn't one of the reasons we had to trade Hodgson was that he would not get to be a 1st or 2nd line center anytime soon?

Due to the fact that we have both Sedin and Kesler at center.

Now Hodgson is gone, who would fill in the 2nd line center position if you trade away Kesler.

Doesn't make sense.

I would much rather get rid of Bieksa and even Edler before trading Kesler.

On the forward side, Booth was a disappointment down the stretch as was Raymond.

As much as I love Malhotra, he may need to get shipped out as well.

I think we not to stop worrying about trades and let management do what they can with what they know which is a lot more than any of us. It is these "trade kesler, LU, CS,AV the Sedins, Burrows, Raymond" threads on forums and brutal media bullying that our players are faced with everyday and its ridiculous. How does anyone expect any of these guys to have strong seasons when half of their two faced fan base are out there dealing them off to another team. I seem to remember everyone wanting Bieksa gone 2 years ago too, how would that have worked out last playoff? Lu, Schneider, Kesler, even AV etc whoever it is, lay off already let them enjoy playing for this city rather than for a bunch of "virtual GM's". You will find people who are enjoying themselves excel at what they are doing much more than people who are on the edge of their seat wondering their future.

A true fan supports the team and the players through thick and thin sickness and health.

Kesler for Weber adds at minimum $2.5million to cap, Lecavlier for Luongo adds about $2.5million to the cap. Schnieder may sign for $1.2 less than Luongo short term, but this simply cannot work without other substantial and overall team depleting trades.

Hamhuis?

lol

lol

output is one word

If we traded Kesler it better be to an eastern team cause it would come back to haunt us like Cam Neely. The only problem I have with Kesler is how every off season we hear that he was playing through an injury that rendered him to play at about 40-50%. He still is able to kill penalties and other important things but no offense. I dont care about getting presidents trophies, if your hurt Kes, take the time off to get better for playoffs.

$5M per season is a steal for a player like Kesler, compared to the likes of contracts signed as early as last off-season (Leino in Buffalo, Connolly in Toronto to name a few that each make $4.5M per).

Kesler had an off year, that is no reason to drive him out of town.

Players who blame injuries on bad playoff performances at the end of the playoffs are pussies. Bobby Orr and Steve Yzerman (Canadians, of course) played on mangled knees most of their career and look at their numbers and accomplishments. Time for Kesler to seriously suck it the hell up and be a man. No more excuses!

After coming off a sub par season where he was bothered by injuries I think Gillis realizes what Kesler's stock value is.The Canucks are not dealing from desperation or swayed by emotions that fill this forum. So yeah, I guess an armchair GM might want to trade him.

Archived