The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Perfect Fit

I still don't understand why you people think Weber would be inclined to sign here?

There are guys on this team that have taken pay cuts to play here, while Weber has gone to arbitration to fill his pockets.

He's captain of the Preds, is getting the money he wants, has the respect of his coach, I dont see him leaving. If he were to leave, it would be for 8 mil +; signing him to this amount would be a spit in the face of guys like Bieksa, Hamhuis and Burrows.

Guest BuckFoston

I thought we didn't like Webs the big meanie anymore after all the shock and disgust people had on here for his lack of suspension.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but if we have "as good a chance as anyone" what would we offer? i think other teams have more tradable assets that Nashville would want right now.

after seeing him ram Zetterbergs head into the glass, i'm not even sure if i would even want him on our team..

actually who am i kidding lol he would be sick on our D

i doubt he will be playing anywhere except Nashville next season though, 2013 he'll come home!

I still don't understand why you people think Weber would be inclined to sign here?

There are guys on this team that have taken pay cuts to play here, while Weber has gone to arbitration to fill his pockets.

He's captain of the Preds, is getting the money he wants, has the respect of his coach, I dont see him leaving. If he were to leave, it would be for 8 mil +; signing him to this amount would be a spit in the face of guys like Bieksa, Hamhuis and Burrows.

I don't understand why people say that he wouldn't resign with Nashville. They were stagnant for a while, but clearly this year have shown that they can be considered a top tier team. Also, they are fairly young and should be good for a while. Even with Suter out of the mix, that will leave them more money to add up front. He's been there his whole career, it's supposedly a great city to play in, and the organziation has shown a commitment to winning. That being said, if there was a chance of Preds letting him go, the Canucks, as with every other team in the NHL, should go all out for him.

I feel that the whole "from BC card" gets played way too often. If that was the case, we would assume that Kesler would bolt to Detroit at first opportunity, Schenider to Boston, Burrows to Montreal, Bieksa to the maple leafs and Lucic and Recchi are secret Canucks fans etc.....

Archived