The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are The Canucks: Re-Building Or Adding Parts

6string

with the trade winds swirling around the rumored roberto luongo deal, i find myself confused by what reporters and fans like us are asking for in return. some are looking to youth and others are seeking immediate needs to bolster our core.

aside from the luongo deal, names like booth, ballard and raymond are often mentioned in deals too and surprisingly kesler as well. again, the player demands in return are mixed and incoherent, this is what i think...

the luongo deal is a salary dump and no reflection on his abilities, i expect to yield little in return, no big names coming this way. a kelser deal would be a blockbuster but they would be crazy to move him, as for the others ballard, booth and raymond they may get futures or parts to compliment the bottom 6 forwards.

where do we stand on this fans, add parts to a strong line-up or shake it up to be stronger in the next 2-3 years?

I think any team has to add or subtract some parts. The Canucks pretty much need a 2nd line right winger, an upgrade on a d-man would be nice, and they're pretty secure in goal (assuming nothing drastic happens like Luongo AND Schneider leaving town.

regards,

G.

This team is screwed if Kesler doesn't return to form. Sedins seemed to have found another level though which is very promising. I finally saw desperation in their game during the playoffs. Hank was just playing in another world even without his bro. We're going to do need them beasting. I'm so sad that Lu will probably leave, but at least it wasn't after a round where the majority of people are trying to blame the entire thing on him. Probably the easiest time for him to leave. I'm so sad. :(

I laughed at the suggestion of a rebuild despite winning consecutive Preseident's Trophies, but it's actually not that absurd.

Look at Philidelphia, they traded away their top two forwards and signed a new starting goaltender, and look where they are now and may possibly be in a few weeeks.

they should rebuild, way too many times coming up short in the playoffs. Look at the sharks, they always have had the same core and never rebuild and they keep disappointing and coming up short. We should rebuild while most of our core players are close to the end of their prime.

Archived