The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter Strike: Global Offensive?

GLASSJAW

Released Aug 21.

Will only cost around $15-20.

Anyone plan on playing it?

I've been in on the beta for a while now, and really love it... it's like a more fast paced version of CoD. But the CS community is forever divided, so I have no idea how well the game will be received.

Is CS old news? Do people even know/care about CS anymore, or has CoD completely taken over FPS games (other than Halo)?

Hmm!

It feels a lot different from CSS and has different modes and stuff. But yeah, it's basically an updated and expanded source, I guess, in the same sense that source was just an updated and expanded 1.6.

however, why in the world would you want CSS packaged with it? if you play one, you likely wouldnt want to play the other.

CSS will die when CSGO comes out, hopefully.

I'm glad valve made a release date. The game is on the source engine (which alot of valve's games are on now) and has updated graphics, searching for games, gun game, and new guns. I never got into the beta but I heard the feedback was great and they keep patching it and improving it. So yeah, pretty much CS:S with changes.

I'm glad valve made a release date. The game is on the source engine (which alot of valve's games are on now) and has updated graphics, searching for games, gun game, and new guns. I never got into the beta but I heard the feedback was great and they keep patching it and improving it. So yeah, pretty much CS:S with changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I played Source competitively for years, yeah did the whole CAL thing, went Invite, blah blah.

Just got CS:GO. It's alright. I think it has potential but there's so much that needs to be fixed in order for it to be viable as a competitive shooter.

Right now it's not ready. Getting there, but not quite.

Things that need fixing:

FOV - the fog is stupid. I'm not sure why the fog at far distances is necessary. Is it because it will be cross-platform and perhaps consoles can't render everything as well as PC's can? I wonder.

Sound - still borked, but better than when it first came out apparently. It's much more difficult to hear where sounds are coming from. I'm not against the sounds being difficult to distinguish from afar (I always found it hilarious how far away you could hear someone running)

Tracers - Holy hell they are pure crap. The tracers don't even go where your bullets are going. A lot of people have complained that you can't control spray in GO. That's wrong, you can. It's just that the visual cues from the tracers are messing with your brain, and the bullet holes are much harder to see, so it's much more difficult to track where your bullets are ending up.

Blurry in-Scope view - I don't get this other than trying to nerf awps, which is stupid because you can quick-scope again. the blurriness really doesn't detract from a player's ability to AWP, it's just annoying and stupid.

Movement - I find the movement still a tad imprecise, as you glide a bit when you stop moving in a certain direction. I don't know if it was put in for realism sake, but for a competitive shooter, doesn't make sense for me.

Maps - overall I'm not too upset with the maps but they borked Nuke pretty bad. No back stairs or back hall behind vents, and only doors on one side of lower site. Why the change? There isn't much reason to have anyone play big garage anymore CT side. Vents are also messed up. You can't move quickly enough through them, it's just a death trap.

Things I do like (haha):

Registration seems better, and first bullet accuracy is much better for most guns. The M4 is crazy accurate now, but I'm missing the silencer (just preference).

Hitboxes seem much more realistic and accurate, not like the huge monstrous stupid hitboxes in Source.

Archived