The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

tapatio or any other good hot sauces in Vancouver?

LeanBeef

I have a bottle of that in my fridge right now! got it from a hot sauce package that included habanero tobasco, dave's insanity, tapatio,and pocket sized tobasco bottles... I have a hot sauce obsession. A quarter of my fridge is dedicated to hot sauces

It's probably at the top of my list...it's not crazy hot, the heat is good enough but it has so much flavour.

Right now I'm eating lots of Sambal sauce (extra spicy) as I got hooked on the stuff when I was in Indonesia. The only problem is that it is pretty weak on the heat scale so you have to use a ton of it (it is basically my ketchup).

What's your tolerance like? Have you tried Blair's Mega Death?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the only hot food that I ever complained about was a fresh Bhut Jolokia (sp?) I literally felt like someone threw a match in my throat. But other than that, most ghost pepper sauces don't have that much of an effect on me, sorta like giving jalapeno tobasco to the average person. I once had twenty Jakarta Heat wings and 5 Bobby Wings from Wings with only three small cups of water

If I'm going bottled stuff I like sambal olek way better flavour than siracha. However if you don't mind making your own take franks add some lemon hart rum and brown sugar and reduce it by a third. It will turn a nice amber colour and it's delicious.

Archived