The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacTavish Fired/steps down

wtpasc

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that Craig MacTavish will leave his role as Head Coach of the Canucks American Hockey League affiliate, the Chicago Wolves to pursue other opportunities.

“Craig brought a tremendous amount of experience and expertise as Head Coach of the Wolves this past season,” said Mike Gillis. “We were pleased to have him as a member of our organization and wish him continued success in the future.”

MacTavish, 53, was the eighth Head Coach in Wolves franchise history and helped lead the club to a 42-27-4 record and a fourth Midwest Division Championship since joining the AHL.

Craig MacTavish departs Chicago Wolves organization

Monday, 11.06.2012 / 12:01 PM / News

Vancouver Canucks

mact_sm.jpg

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that Craig MacTavish will leave his role as Head Coach of the Canucks American Hockey League affiliate, the Chicago Wolves to pursue other opportunities.

“Craig brought a tremendous amount of experience and expertise as Head Coach of the Wolves this past season,” said Mike Gillis. “We were pleased to have him as a member of our organization and wish him continued success in the future.”

MacTavish, 53, was the eighth Head Coach in Wolves franchise history and helped lead the club to a 42-27-4 record and a fourth Midwest Division Championship since joining the AHL.

despite what gillis is saying, i have a feeling it's more of a "step down or be fired" type of thing. if mactavish steps down then he still looks good (his decision) and gillis looks good still (he didn't fire someone he just hired, so it wasn't admitting a mistake on his part).

despite what gillis is saying, i have a feeling it's more of a "step down or be fired" type of thing. if mactavish steps down then he still looks good (his decision) and gillis looks good still (he didn't fire someone he just hired, so it wasn't admitting a mistake on his part).

I've seen crazier things before. rumour is that there are rumblings in edmonton that they want him back, and there are a couple open spots accross the nhl for a coach. i thought he didn't do the wolves justice, and there were a mass of issues on the coaching side of things that just raw talent on the player's side of things was able to hide.

Archived