The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Sedins be elected into Hall of Fame now that Bure got in?

Mountain Dew

They'll get in, they've won the Olympics, they've got two broze medals in the WC, they're both scoring champions, Hart- and Person-award winners. When they retire they'll probably have around 1000 points in the NHL.

They're also the inventors of the "cycle-game".

Maybe collectively. But unless I am mistaken, Bure has more individually at this point.

Bure has three; the Calder and two Rocket Richard awards. He would have had a third Richard (in '94) but it hadn't been introduced yet.

Henrik has the Hart and Art Ross. Daniel has the Art Ross and the Ted Lindsay.

Still, I think they will get in, but it won't be a slam dunk like Sakic was.

It's hard to say, I'd say one of the main reasons Bure is in their despite his lack of a cup is the fact that at his peak is was the most exciting player in the game. Anytime he was one the ice he'd just need a little gap and bang he could be down the ice deking past the defense and the goalie and GOAL. He was one of the first Russian players to reach superstar status in the united states and the world. And it was at a time when Russian's were finally being open to global influences for the first time in 75 years. Bure's career, while shortened by injuries, is immensely important to the globalization of the game

I think they are a lock to make the hall. They are the most successful brother duo in the history of the game. They are going to make the 1000 pnt mark. A cup would be the icing on the cake. I think they are retiring here. I don't think Pavel getting in has anything to do with it; They are in anyway. Their jerseys are going to be retired immediately and the ring of honor is for sure.

I know it's a little off topic, but I'm up in the air about retiring Pavel's number. Yes, he was successful here and yes he did special things, but I just never had the vibe that he was heart and soul Canuck and in the end his whiny attitude caused his demise here.

Realisticly, if Pavel doesn't make the HHOF, are we discussing this? I'm just not feelin it the way I felt when Smyl, Linden and Naslund watched their numbers get raised. In the cases of Linden and Naslund, yes they got traded to other teams, but you just got the sense that their hearts were still in Vancouver. Linden always kept his home and family in Vancouver and when he retired remained a huge part of the community and maintains, to this day, his charity work without fail. Naslund also maintains a tight relationship with the Canuck organization. Smyl still work within the Canuck organization.

They will make it to 1000+ points I imagine.. Just hope they can rebound from this past season and keep up there 90-100 point paces the next few years...(I would love to see them finish 1st and 2nd in scoring someday).. Not sure if they would make it in the Hall for sure, but the fact that they are twins, might push them in...

When they do retire, they will for sure go down as the best twins/brothers to ever play in the NHL.

EDIT: Also, it is outrageous that it took them so long to put Bure and Oates in the Hall. The best goal scorer and best passer ever... Phil Housley should be in there too, but I imagine they won't put him in because they are all idiots.

Archived