The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Welcome Jason Garrison

JustWall

Everyone needs to relax and let Mike properly build this team, letting Sammy go (all the props in the world to him so many amazing years) for the huge $7mil price tag and just now signing Garrison is exactly the best thing that could happen today! He knows what he's doing and patience is the key, this Nucks team is going to kill it next year, now the last thing on my Free Agent wish list Shane Doan (a long shot, but hey we got the money) and you may as well start mapping out the 2012-2013 Cup parade route!

GO NUCKS BABY!

original post was below financial figures were out (excited) I do think it's an overpay, but he was really in the right position at the right time, we had to do something ASAP and have the money so OK with it. Would have been a great time to be his agent!

Start getting used to this sorta deal amongst teams moving forward, the salary cap continues to increase drastically... if the cap remained the same as it did last season I'd be kinda stressed... but 70+ mil? thats what 5.9 mil higher than last season? whatever

They were only putting his salary over 5 mill because of what Wideman got. Neither of these guys is worth what there making. Garrison gets 16 goals and 17 assists in one season. He should have gotten no more then Salo got today. We over payed for someone who had barely proven himself for one season.

Rome at $1.5 plus Sammy at $3.75 = $5.2 cap hit compared to $4.6 with Garrison.

I look at it as better value and decision making!

We still need a physical defender and someone to take charge of rushing the puck from the back end!

Everyone needs to relax and let Mike properly build this team, letting Sammy go (all the props in the world to him so many amazing years) for the huge $7mil price tag and just now signing Garrison is exactly the best thing that could happen today! He knows what he's doing and patience is the key, this Nucks team is going to kill it next year, now the last thing on my Free Agent wish list Shane Doan (a long shot, but hey we got the money) and you may as well start mapping out the 2012-2013 Cup parade route!

GO NUCKS BABY!

Well I was expecting Jason to sign here since hes born in White Rock and his mom lives here since he spends his summers in Vancouver.

His mom (my boss) will be supper happy.

Welcome to Van; I have huge hopes for him and the best part is he's just entering his prime hockey years.

Archived