The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

One of the most influential studies on the genetics of homosexuality was done by Dean Hamer and his co-workers at the National Cancer Institute in Washington DC (1993). Hamer's research involved studying thirty-two pairs of brothers who were either "exclusively or mostly" homosexual. None of the sets of brothers were related. Of the thirty-two pairs, Hamer and his colleagues found that two-thirds of them (twenty-two of the sets of brothers) shared the same type of genetic material. This strongly supports the hypothesis that there is an existing gene that influences homosexuality.

No it declared none of it to be true.

A 3 year old can not understand the concept of a diety as much as he/she can understand the concept of molecular biology.

Oxford is saying religion is a common phenomenon. Not just single God religion. Not just multiple God religions. EVERYTHING.

Wow I never could have figured that one out on my own.

Religion is a cultural phenomenon. There is research showing certain people (ala Republicans) are more likely to "believe". However the path to their belief is a social one, not a common genetic "I'm born believing in God" one.

Also, with the babies aren't religious thing, they literally can't be religious.

They don't develop a hippocampus until ~18 months so they can't remember information or past experiences.

By my understanding, they cannot know causality and therefore cannot form a belief system.

As in, they can't go "this causes that to happen".

Archived