The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality

Heretic

There are intellectuals of the day like Degrasse Tyson, Sagan, Dawkins, Hitchens that speak out against fallacies of the bible and religion in general. Then you have tax cheats and current resident of the USP Florence ADMAX in the Florence Federal Correctional Complex like Kent Hovind defending it. LOL

Scorp, Scorp, Scorp........

Why is it that you refuse to allow anyone the right to evolve in their thinking and beliefs? You are a great believer in evolution, are you not? Or is that belief only tied to the progression of apes to modern man a'la Darwin?

ev·o·lu·tion

noun

1. any process of formation or growth; development

2. a product of such development;

3. change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, andgenetic drift.

4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

5.a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motionstoproduce a single action, as in a machine

You have been very quick to judge others in any religion vs well, pretty much everything else debate yet despite your lobbying and perceived wish to change other's thinking, you only seem to jump all over them and accuse them of hypocrisy when they do.....change their thinking or belief. You can't have it both ways, my friend, as you only end up confirming what many believe about your posts in religion based topics..........that you participate only to hack and denigrate anyone who believes as a Christian regardless of how many concessions or admissions they may make regarding changes in their beliefs.

The pendulum swings both ways and it is possible to be a Christian and not believe 100% in the literal written word of the Bible. To be a rational, educated Christian who understands that the Bible was written for uneducated people of the times and in many ways, was a tool to control the masses. The Bible also lays out many basic truths and lessons for living a good, productive and healthy life wherein we treat others with respect, kindness and common decency.

You and other non-believers have stated many times that you don't need no damned ancient book and religion to teach you to be a better person. But when I look at the posts in this thread (and in years past, the God thread) it is only the non-Christians I see throwing stones, attacking a man's character and bringing his family into a debate on a bloody hockey board. It's beneath you, Scorp. I've always believed that you're much smarter than this. The Christian(s) in this debate have taken the high road, not resorted to name calling and have avoided stooping to the level of those who cannot seem to understand that the religious beliefs of those who believe in God that post here don't affect your life in any way, shape or form. Perhaps some lessons could be taken from this.

Unfortunately, the hypocrisy I'm seeing in this thread is not coming from Christians, it's coming from the 'anything but religion' crowd.

I congratulate Heretic on his love for his daughter regardless of sexual orientation, for not allowing others who want to throw bricks or allowing religion to dictate the entirety, the complete reality of his life........after all, isn't this what anyone, regardless of religion or non-religion should aspire to? Non-judgmental love for a child, for others, acceptance, common respect, treating others as you would like to be treated yourself?

Some in this thread may not think they need some damned ancient book to show them how to behave, that a belief in Christianity is all or nothing but that is simply not the case. It's more than obvious by the posts in this thread alone, that the lessons of common respect and acceptance of differences in others don't seem to have been found much in the life of some non-believers. Smart Christians, intelligent Christians, knowledgeable Christians are not sheep despite what a good number of non-believers (some of them in this thread) believe.

Don't feel sorry for atheists. We're free.

I haven't watched the video. Can you explain how it manipulates the bibles evident hate for homosexuals, and turns it into something else?

I'm not easily persuaded (hence why I'm not in any cults), so it's going to take some serious magic to get me convinced.

I didn't say I feel sorry for "atheists" - I said I felt sorry for Scorp. Plus I try not to stereotype nor generalize.

I'm glad you believe you're free - I'm free as well.

Mathew Vines doesn't "manipulate" the Bible - he gives his interpretation over certain scriptures in it.

There's no magic, no voodoo...

I also pointed a link to the transcript of that video - you can skim that if you don't want to watch the video.

I'm glad you're not in a cult - neither am I.

I'm not easily persuaded neither - took me 42 years before I became a Christian.

I didn't say I feel sorry for "atheists" - I said I felt sorry for Scorp.  Plus I try not to stereotype nor generalize.

I'm glad you believe you're free - I'm free as well.

Mathew Vines doesn't "manipulate" the Bible - he gives his interpretation over certain scriptures in it.

There's no magic, no voodoo...

I also pointed a link to the transcript of that video - you can skim that if you don't want to watch the video.

I'm glad you're not in a cult - neither am I.

I'm not easily persuaded neither - took me 42 years before I became a Christian.

That was just before you called him a " waste of skin" which i quote from the urban dictionary means , " waste of skin

A person so useless, worthless, and pointless that it's a shame they're taking up perfectly good skin some poor burn victim could be using

how so very christian you are .

Your post is interesting . The source information was taken from a guy who obviously is not a fan of Christians so its hard to find any objective conclusions in it.

In several places he assaults and rips apart Christians and their belief structure. He is likewise very generous in his personal insults to Christians as well. The piece is amusing.

However, it does not prove there is no God. It does prove he hates Christians and I assume you do or you would not have found that biased source to serve up.

I still have not seen an argument put forth by an Atheist that there is no God without ripping Christians apart.

Its like they become an Atheist so they have a licence to rip others apart. It is  unattractive. Same as going down to the DMV to get a drivers licence.

They put a lot of faith in ripping others apart. It is a form of faith. I think its way too negative for me. I reject it soundly.

Anyone who wants to make a case against God without ripping Christians down, state your case.

So far all we got is further proof of my point Atheists live to rip others apart. I suggest they renounce this practice and try to become more positive.

Goes to show that actual scientists, actual intellectuals highly doubt such an existence. I don't have the numbers at the moment, I've been trying to find the specific quote with a source that I heard the other day, but it's an overwhelming majority of the scientific community that disregard any sort of God. These are educated people that thoroughly understand how the world and the universe works to an extent and they are simply looking for the truth.Then you have a tax fraud with no actual science degree spouting off nonsense and claiming it to be the truth and completely disregards science that goes against the bible. Sounds like someone has very little to no credibility at all.

Archived