The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence

key2thecup

The divide really isn't that far though. People, just don't realize how small Israel is. You easily set up a highway that would allow you to drive to the Gaza Strip from the West Bank in under 20 minutes. That being said, the divisions in Palestinian society between Hamas and the rest are going to be fairly hard to close.

The cultural divisions between the Palestinians may now exceed the geographic ones.

The solution is obviously a two state solution. However, the Israelis have genuine security fears. Israeli govenrments have also pandered too much to settler movements. Not that I believe the Israelis are forced to take a 1967 border, but they've clearly put up many settlements in areas that need to go.

The ultimate solution will involve 2 states and a land swap. The success of the wall has proven that the Israelis and Palestinians get along much better when physically kept apart.

This is what an Agnostic says.

This post then goes on to put people of faith down -right after the suggestion there is no way to prove it or not.

Not very 'optimistic'

This post doesn't explain anything. Instead of putting peoples beliefs down, how about instead you espouse the joys of atheism. Tell us why its so great to be an Atheist.

You are supposed to be an 'optimist' right?

The solution is obviously a two state solution. However, the Israelis have genuine security fears. Israeli govenrments have also pandered too much to settler movements. Not that I believe the Israelis are forced to take a 1967 border, but they've clearly put up many settlements in areas that need to go.

The ultimate solution will involve 2 states and a land swap. The success of the wall has proven that the Israelis and Palestinians get along much better when physically kept apart.

I agree that foregoing logic and reason is an issue. That is why I choose to misguidedly believe that an intricately complex system within which we are less than a dot just happened to make itself out of nothing (much like the cars we drive and buildings we live in also made themselves and came to be out of nothing) and honey just happened to fall from the sky out of nowhere.

In fact, I have an explanation for everything and it often involves nothing.

Archived