The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Status Update Turns Fatal

nucklehead

http://shine.yahoo.c...C7WUou-qZ1Y#_=_
On March 2, 26-year-old Hayley Jones changed her Facebook status from "married" to "single." Ten days later, the mother of four and longtime girlfriend of 31-year-old Brian Lewis, was dead. Murdered in her UK home and found by her children, aged 3 to 10, Jones had been spending more time online as her relationship of 13 years unraveled.

Jones and her boyfriend referred to themselves as married, but the prosecutor argued that she had made it clear to the boyfriend that their relationship was over. Although she reportedly kept her Facebook activity private, Lewis told friends that he would not lose her to another man.

"Lewis told police the only tension between him and Hayley was the use of the home computer," the prosecutor told the court.

Lewis allegedly stabbed Jones with a kitchen knife while she was sleeping. Lewis reportedly called police but fled before they arrived at the scene. In the interim, Lewis and Jones' children discovered their mother's body. Jones' was fatally wounded through three layers of clothing and two bags that covered her.

Lewis later turned himself into authorities but now denies that he killed his girlfriend.

I don't get it.

Not to excuse or condone this man's possible actions but you had FOUR KIDS at 26 years old with this man and then suddenly cut him out after this long relationship AND you still lived with this person.

I find that ODD.

This man obviously had underlying undiagnosed issues that brewed out beyond what is acceptable to society.

What are the kids going to be when they grow up?

I don't get it.

Not to excuse or condone this man's possible actions but you had FOUR KIDS at 26 years old with this man and then suddenly cut him out after this long relationship AND you still lived with this person.

I find that ODD.

This man obviously had underlying undiagnosed issues that brewed out beyond what is acceptable to society.

What are the kids going to be when they grow up?

They really were playing up the tenuous connection to Facebook there. Could as easily have said: "On March 2, 26-year-old Hayley Jones ate a McDonalds happy meal. Ten days later, the mother of four and longtime girlfriend of 31-year-old Brian Lewis, was dead"

She was in the process of ditching him. Guy should have manned up and moved on. End of story.

Archived