The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Package Edler for Corey Perry

pretty steep trade-off either way... lose tremendous depth and potential on the back end to bolster playoff scoring and intensity up front... sure there's added depth with Garrison but with Jason AND Eddie there's a legit Top 4, whereas while if Corey comes over, the scoring and physicality go over the top but the back end looks somewhat shallow.

I'd rather Edler stays and hopefully Doan and Arnott sign. Would much rather have those veterans plus the depth in talent than really put the 1st line over the top while increasing the uncertainty of the back end's potency.

In fact, if Corey does come over I'd rather center a package around David Booth, who's similarly a powerful skater and shoot-first guy who may not have 50-goal potential but is still really strong in his own right.

Optimally,

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Doan

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Manny - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

(or Booth+ 1st pick+ Ballard (they need help on the back end) for Perry (and we'll take back a bad contract if they have any and if we have cap space for it. Don't want to trade Edler though.))

okay now.....perry aint going nowhere BUT look what ana wants for ryan or what cbj wants for ryan.....we dont have the pieces for a deal for perry, ana is stock full of defensemen and they need scoring depth

to van: perry

to ana: edler, booth, tanev, burrrows, 1st pick 2013

i dont wanna trade burrows (hes just so glued to this city and the fan base) but im just saying that ana is gonna want A LOT for perry and they have good right to ask for what they are asking for...

okay now.....perry aint going nowhere BUT look what ana wants for ryan or what cbj wants for ryan.....we dont have the pieces for a deal for perry, ana is stock full of defensemen and they need scoring depth

i dont wanna trade burrows (hes just so glued to this city and the fan base) but im just saying that ana is gonna want A LOT for perry and they have good right to ask for what they are asking for...

edler+raymond+booth+3rdround2013 = perry

luongo (maybe even a 4th round or 5th round pick in 2013, IDK) = gudbranson+theodore

EDIT: sign doan 3yr/17mil (7m+5.5m+4.5m)

then.....

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Burrows-Kesler-Perry

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

Kassian-Malhotra-Weise

Bitz

Garrison-Gudbranson

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Theodore

perfect-o B)

Archived