The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

You're wasting your time, JL...

Everything's fine south of the 49th. No reason to change anything. All of the stats pertaining to gun violence/deaths are "exaggerated" because the Yanks do a better job of counting than the rest of the world.

I keep seeing/hearing people call James Holmes a coward for what he did. I don't understand what cowardice has to do with this. What does mass murder say about someone's courage or lack thereof? If anything, it takes quite a bit of audacity to follow through with it.

Just because cowardice is regarded as a negative character trait, that doesn't mean that it necessarily applies to any negative act.

Maybe he is a coward, then again maybe he isn't. This incident isn't enough to judge that.

Calling him a coward seems a lot more like name calling to me than an accurate assessment of his character. There are plenty of negative things to accuse him of, but cowardice is not one of them.

I understand. You're okay with people being killed with guns at the highest rate in the first world because most of them deserve it (and are black), and anyone who has a whim to kill themselves should be given an instantly available and almost foolproof tool to do so. You sound like such a compassionate person.

I understand. You're okay with people being killed with guns at the highest rate in the first world because most of them deserve it (and are black), and anyone who has a whim to kill themselves should be given an instantly available and almost foolproof tool to do so. You sound like such a compassionate person.

Guns are much more deadly than the alternatives. You can't rob someone at bomb-point, or car-point. You can rob someone at knife point, but the odds of someone dying by being stabbed pale in comparison to the odds of someone dying by being shot. Your argument is flawed at best.

You're wasting your time, JL...

Everything's fine south of the 49th. No reason to change anything. All of the stats pertaining to gun violence/deaths are "exaggerated" because the Yanks do a better job of counting than the rest of the world.

yeah, that's the reason why he "snapped"... because he had easy access to guns. Again, you remove all guns in the world... and you think he wouldn't have picked a different way to kill a number of people?

Of course there is a connection of more guns = more gun deaths. If nobody had guns... they would be killing people other ways (more death by explosives, cars, knife, etc.) So it would be less guns = more deaths by other means. So you are shifting it from one area to several other areas.

And as it's been pointed out, the way the US reports deaths vs other nations... that inflates our numbers. People want to make us sound like "the Wild West x1000000" where you can't walk out your front door without seeing a gun... but truth is, I don't feel any more/less safe walking down the streets of New Orleans than I do walking the streets of Thunder Bay.

Archived