The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kulemin To Toronto

@FriedgeHNIC: Sounds like a two-year settlement coming for Nik Kulemin

@DarrenDreger: Following up on @FriedgeHNIC. Kulemin settles on 2 year deal with Leafs.

@DarrenDreger: $2.8 aav for Kulemin on 2 year deal with Toronto.

@DarrenDreger: To be specific. Kulemin will get $2.6 is 1st year and $3 mil in 2nd for $2.8 aav with Leafs.

Dang, good price for both parties. Well I guess Kulemin could have done better. I kind of like his style and I think he will rebound and have a solid year. If he wasn't with the Laffs I could see him breaking out this year or next.

Wait you have to be kidding me!? Kulemin brings it all. Solid defensively, can be effectve offensively, tremendous on the boards and forecheck, strong skater, can take the body when he was too and slot in either a top or bottom 6 role (unlike Raymond).

Realistically Kulemin probably shouldn't have got the 0.600k raise but if I am right he is taking up the same % of the salary cap he did last season and should improve on the snakebitten year he had this year. Probably will not be a 30 goal player again but as long as he can get back to scoring 15-25 goals a season for the Leafs he can be a pretty effective player for them down the line.

So what happened last year then? You can't say Kulemin wasn't given an opportunity in TO. Lots of minutes. Raymond came back from a very serious injury, played less games, less minutes, less offensive situations and still scored more goals. Oh, and Raymond is good defensively as well.

Everybody in Toronto is overrated because of their Media. Kaberle, Mccabe, Grabovski, Kulemin, Kadri, Gardiner etc.

Every city overrates their players to an extent. But since we have to watch Ontario based sports programs we have to see more of the "leafs this, leafs that" b.s.

I would have to take Kulemin over Raymond. Bigger, stronger, statistically about the same. At least Kulemin has the size to be power forward and lay the body which Raymond doesn't. I don't even think you'd know Raymond was a professional athlete by looking at him. Lacks that real physical strength and size. Then again there isn't a whole lot you can do about your size so I understand that.

Archived