The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks to me like we are the best fans...

Jester13

I just wish the mods here had a sense of humour. They seem to ban everything, even on days like April Fools.

I necro'd a thread about the Canucks almost getting Sean Avery on April 1st and got owned by mods...

The only other problem I have with this board is that it's too easy to access. By that I mean a 12 year old just searches "Canucks.com" and then sees this and can pretty much post their crap right away, so there's an unusually high amount of unintelligible gibberish on this site sometimes. HFBoards, while being much more restricted by rules, is way better to go to for actual discussion. Plus you can quickly and easily view what other teams' fans are thinking and post in their threads/vice versa if you want.

Too much rain in Van... hence everyone indoors with nothing but the internet and forums to entertain them. :P But seriously, I come here since its where I can get all my Nucks news in one spot. Easiest way when your from out of town.

All we have are too many hipsters sitting at starbucks on their ipad/macbook pro's sipping latte's pretending they are hockey experts after never even playing hockey in their lifes, while everybody else's fans are out enjoying the sun and 30 degree weather -_-

All we have are too many hipsters sitting at starbucks on their ipad/macbook pro's sipping latte's pretending they are hockey experts after never even playing hockey in their lifes, while everybody else's fans are out enjoying the sun and 30 degree weather -_-

For obvious reasons I go to CDC for Canucks related stuff and HF for all other hockey stuff. CDC is for Canucks fans and HF is for hockey fans. And yes, you can be one without the other.

CDC will have lots of discussion about absolutely anything to do with the Canucks, even small little details. There are lots of like minded people and not too many trolls. But the downside is you also get a lot of people who are more like cheerleaders, they're dedicated to the team but they don't know much about the sport itself; especially with the status as the "official" team board and all, which I think attracts more bandwagoners and homers. You also get a lot more whiny threads, so the smart people have to waste time arguing with the idiots. And then you get the cheerleader types I was talking about all competing to see who's the most "real" fan and who "believes" the most.

HF is better if you want a (slightly) more intelligent hockey discussion, with more knowledgable and (somewhat) less biased people. There's more discussion about general league events and history as well as more non-NHL discussion (everything from international to beer league hockey). You also get discussions with fans of other teams, so you get more viewpoints from around the league. Of course some of those fans of other teams can also be huge homers and trolls, and there's a LOT less talk about the Canucks themselves. I think it's also a little less funny and colorful than CDC. That's why I use both to fill different needs.

Best fans because we have more active forum users? Strong logic is strong.

Have you seen the threads in this forum?? "Do we really need Burrows?", "Trade Booth" and every other thread that throws Canucks players under the bus as soon as they underperform...

We do not have the best fans in the league, and that's coming from a Canucks fan.

Archived